Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 2019 corolla LE when the entune breaks what will be a good replacement. Is a double din stereo good enough? I am old school.

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,803 Posts
I replaced mine, very happily with a Pioneer 4100NEX unit, and the stereo sounds great!. Android Auto is also fantastic...Yet, I had a different phone. Now using a older LG which I really like, the adapter I am using for some reason is not compatible. So I have to change the adapter. But its leaps and bounds better than Entune.
You can also opt for the Android head units that are a very OEM fit (As the pioneer needs a dash kit and honestly, doesnt look great. Not bad, but surely not oem). The Android head units look perfectly OEM and much nicer.

So there are options, and they are in the $450 up range. Now the Navigation would be limited to your cell, and I think even cell phones now have GPS built in. Not all do, or maybe older ones did not? Someone can clarify.
I keep a Garmin in the glove box for road trips that are without cell towers.

Getting rid of the junk Entune, your stereo will sound MUCH better, even with stock speakers. Change those out and you will feel like you have a different interior car.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced mine, very happily with a Pioneer 4100NEX unit, and the stereo sounds great!. Android Auto is also fantastic...Yet, I had a different phone. Now using a older LG which I really like, the adapter I am using for some reason is not compatible. So I have to change the adapter. But its leaps and bounds better than Entune.
You can also opt for the Android head units that are a very OEM fit (As the pioneer needs a dash kit and honestly, doesnt look great. Not bad, but surely not oem). The Android head units look perfectly OEM and much nicer.

So there are options, and they are in the $450 up range. Now the Navigation would be limited to your cell, and I think even cell phones now have GPS built in. Not all do, or maybe older ones did not? Someone can clarify.
I keep a Garmin in the glove box for road trips that are without cell towers.

Getting rid of the junk Entune, your stereo will sound MUCH better, even with stock speakers. Change those out and you will feel like you have a different interior car.

Will the backup camera work with pioneer?

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,803 Posts
Yes, nice and clean resolution screen. The camera is I think a 6v, so there is a wiring kit with volt converter that makes all this work seamlessly with steering controls and camera, etc. You do lose the on screen trip graphics, which I have yet to miss. But with the Android units, you get even more than what Entune provides, like actual tire pressure psi reading, not just a low warning. Lots of OBD parameters available. Even with the Pioneer, there maybe an app that does it, or maybe will, with Android Auto, I can see that being possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts