Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...
We've all discussed enTunes being a little "buggy". Well this time enTunes just spontaneously totally forgot about my phone. Yesterday on the drive home, I made my first call w/o any issue. About 10 minutes later I went to make another call, but enTunes said "No Paired Device". I tried to reconnect within the bluetooth setup screen (which you can do while driving), but sure as heck, my phone was no longer in the list of paired devices. This was all on the same drive... I hadn't done anything to the radio in between the calls.

Of course you cannot pair bluetooth devices while moving so I had to wait until getting off the highway to re-pair the phone and make my next call...

Hey Mr. Toyota..... NEED enTunes SOFTWARE UPDATE!!! PLEASE!!!!!

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE 6Cyl.
555 Posts
I feel your pain !!!! My unit has a mind of its own, and just shuts down and re-boots while driving and during a call. This has happened at least 10 times in the 3 months that I have owned the vehicle.
I think that Toyota should have tested the entire system before shoving it in our faces with all the bugs. Before this I had a Ford vehicle with sync, and never...not once had a problem!!!! The entire Entune System and Nav SUCKS !!!!!! Searching for a street... GOOD LUCK !!!! maybe 1 out of 5 times will it find it. And that is typing it in. Don't even try using voice. HOLY SHIT THIS SYSTEM SUCKS !!!!!!

Toyota you should be ashamed !!!!!! I really hope they see the problems and fix them with the updates (if they ever get them).

I wish I could rip this unit out and throw it their faces, but from what I understand you can't replace the Entune with another system?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes Entune has many problems. I also do NOT like the navigation, its very buggy too and shows strange anomalies in routing suggestions, not to mention it too freezes when connected to smartphone cell connections. Pretty much waste of $1000. I would not buy this again, and I would suggest others to ask for special built cars (dealer can preference such) to only include the convenience package (that is useful). This is as it relats to the Hybrid XLE model. It remains to be seen when Toyota will get these bugs fixed... maybe just in time when the "free" 3 years subscription is to end. I can connect my smartphone through and steam music and do not have the rush to buy a movie ticket or reserve a table while driving. Useless applications, Toyota should not try to make a new iPhone platform and stick with building cars. All they could have done is provide a simple interface showing the smartphone screen on the larger 6.1 inch display, including voice. The rest, let the smartphone or ipad or whatever is connected do what they do best, including application wise, and no need for "fees" every year for such useless service as its already available and for free on multiple platforms. I think in Europe above is implemented, so no Entune there, just displaying what the smartphone screens shows. No wonder as the Europeans are no suckers for useless options that do not work.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Me three, I'd rip the Entune and Nav out for a base radio if I could get a refund from Toyota. Would not do Nav/Entune again if I had to do it over.

I wish I knew about the rear view mirrors with build in garage door opener accessory before buying the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me three, I'd rip the Entune and Nav out for a base radio if I could get a refund from Toyota. Would not do Nav/Entune again if I had to do it over.

I wish I knew about the rear view mirrors with build in garage door opener accessory before buying the car.
I have found serious navigational bugs in the user interface, the radio when sat service is activated does strange things. I sent videos to Toyota and requested a refund for the entire entune/stereo. It will be an uphill battle but I will prevail.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have found serious navigational bugs in the user interface, the radio when sat service is activated does strange things. I sent videos to Toyota and requested a refund for the entire entune/stereo. It will be an uphill battle but I will prevail.
Bugs can be worked out in the future. Just like with any product, you make a gamble when you buy a first generation product. Trying to get Toyota to give you a refund for the whole system because there are a few bugs is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2008 Camry hybrid
610 Posts
OK...
We've all discussed enTunes being a little "buggy". Well this time enTunes just spontaneously totally forgot about my phone. Yesterday on the drive home, I made my first call w/o any issue. About 10 minutes later I went to make another call, but enTunes said "No Paired Device". I tried to reconnect within the bluetooth setup screen (which you can do while driving), but sure as heck, my phone was no longer in the list of paired devices. This was all on the same drive... I hadn't done anything to the radio in between the calls.

Of course you cannot pair bluetooth devices while moving so I had to wait until getting off the highway to re-pair the phone and make my next call...

Hey Mr. Toyota..... NEED enTunes SOFTWARE UPDATE!!! PLEASE!!!!!
You're making the assumption that the fault lies exclusively in the Toyota software rather than the 'smartphone' implementation of the protocols involved. The issue with many Android devices, in particular, is the variety of less-than-complete implementations of standards, including the Bluetooth profiles. A phone that manages energy consumption by turning off the Bluetooth radio will cause that sort of symptom. Complicating all this is the fact that cell providers will 'customize' phones

I mention this not to hold Toyota blameless - but to get folks to realize that for some phones, Toyota software updates won't be effective at fixing the problem, as the faults are in the phones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts