Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figure I would post here b/c there's more traffic .If the mods feel it's in the wrong section by all means make ur move.I received the unit in 5 days from overseas.The install was straight forward,with fit & finish looking very much OEM. I did not purchase the GPS unit or the TV digital box(X-Mas is coming!) so u won't see pix of those screens.The only way to play ur Ipod is thru the AUX jack.The DVD player is crystal clear.I noticed the system plays alittle louder than b4.Basically what is advertised is what u get.I really suck taking pix at night so excuse my lack of photography skills.Here's the link to the pix,any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Wow earlier today i was wondering where you've been. Looks really good, i thought it might look a littler cartoonish but it's pretty sharp and looks completely stock.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
wow that does look good. i have to show this to mikey7ds. he'll love it. i'm lazy to look but how much was it?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hmmm... so you have to AUX jacks now?

and best way to take photos at night is to rest the camera on the armrest or the shoulder of the seat
Yeah AUX jack now(bummer),gotta figure out another way.Thnx for the tip.

oh i forgot to ask. did you end up buying those SE or TRD wheels?
No wheels this year,maybe next year.

looks good lou!! does it sound any better with this HU?
Randy it sounds about the same but gets louder.

wow that does look good. i have to show this to mikey7ds. he'll love it. i'm lazy to look but how much was it?
$289.00 shipped to my door via FEDEX.The price went back up to $340.

Now I gotta try a flashdrive or SD card so I can leave the Ipod home.

·
268 HP OWNER
CAMRY
1,085 Posts
looks good man, congrats. can you PM me the website u got it from? thanks.

·
08 SE
2008 Toyota Camry SE
656 Posts
wow lou can i just tell you that i was looking at this exact same unit. is it a touch screen? i still might get it but idk i was also lookin at the eonon regular 2 din dvd player

·
Registered
261 Posts
This is an great unit, and you will have a lot of fun with it. Especialy the video and navigation. This works perfect.

About an half year ago I build in this unit in my Camry. The only thing what didn't work good is the bleutooth carkit. Maybe I do something wrong.
Can you tell me how this is working with your mobile phone ?
Greets,
AloRock

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's touch screen,much louder then the stock unit.The BT works great ,nice & clear.My only gripe is that I lost the steering wheel controls.Also gotta figure out how to hook up my USA SPEC ipod kit.Any ideas out there please fling 'em my way.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
isn't there a mod to keep steering wheel controls on aftermarket radios lou? i'll look for it if i have time later.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
isn't there a mod to keep steering wheel controls on aftermarket radios lou? i'll look for it if i have time later.
I know about the PAC kit if that's what ur talking about.Is there another mod besides the PAC please LMK.The PAC kit looks to be a PITA to install.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
yea thats what i ment i think. though if you bring it by a stereo place they'll do it for you for next to nothing.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea thats what i ment i think. though if you bring it by a stereo place they'll do it for you for next to nothing.
I'll probably buy the PAC & try the install myself.Randy has a thread on the PAC install he did so I'll give it a shot.I would nvr let a shop do my stereo stuff,if I can't do it no one will.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
if it gets really complicated then i'll just come out to help or will get another person to help. have someone in mind who helped install my friends audio stuff in his car.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if it gets really complicated then i'll just come out to help or will get another person to help. have someone in mind who helped install my friends audio stuff in his car.
Was over at the PAC site it don't seem to bad to install.Their instructions seem clear & precise.Seems like the hardest part is finding a spot for the IR light.Appreciate the offer Paul,I'll let u know if I get stuck.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts