Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have that brake kit have you had any problems? My car shakes and makes a real loud humming sound when i brake. Does anybody know if there is a better caliper for the camry?
Aaron

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
Aaron said:
If you have that brake kit have you had any problems? My car shakes and makes a real loud humming sound when i brake. Does anybody know if there is a better caliper for the camry?
Aaron
i have it on my wagon and it works great no vibrating and no fade. are you using semi metalic pads? also did you tighten the bolts on the caliper and adapter? do you have a v6 or i4? abs or non abs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my car

I have a 2000 v6 camry. The calipers are stock. I dont remember what brand of rotors they are but they are for the tt supra and my pads are semi metallic nothing special they are from autozone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have abs. it still brakes real well its just loud when it does. it seems like the calipers are just not big enough.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
the pads are your problem

the pads i got from advance auto/discount auto were called

friction master
ceramic
disc brake pads
part #: CMX476

they are made by the MORSE automotive corp.

they run for 39.88usd at www.partsamerica.com but i don't shop online for parts due to the shipping charges

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
You probalby had a rotor that wasn't true or you warped them with the semi-metallic. Replace the pads with ceramic pads. I rec. the akebono pro-act ceramics. And have the rotors turned. Don't worry you can turn the rotors. People will say you can't but you can.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Resufaced. If you are getting a pulsation or your steering wheel is shaking then the rotors are warped. Probably from the semi metallic pads. You need to take them off and have them resurfaced on a brake lathe.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
allen how is your EricSol's brake kit!?!?!?!?! working out nice? thanks to yo bronizzle! :) fo shizzle!

pEAcE!||\_/|||!LOvE
pEAcE.\||||||/.LOvE
pEAc<--\|-|/--<!.vE
pEAcE....\|/....LOvE

Mod edit: Excessive use of smilies removed -Phi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts