Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
isn't the es300 suspesion different than the xle v6?

·
Registered
270 Posts
same basic components, different body, different quality interior, etc...

some people say its a glorified camry or avalon, it is, but its worth it... quality of interior parts are much better - i.e. comfortable ass leather seats

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
if you have the choice....and you want something that can look sporty....get hte lexus....

it can be pimped out, and it's got lexus quality...you don't even need sound deadening....the L in the lexus does it for you...

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
1) People think whoa check the Lexus
2) People that think it's just a blaoted Camry change their mind after riding around for abit.

Yeah, only difference is a few suspension parts, rear brakes are larger, '92-'93 has no speed limiter, only rev limiter @ 6850-6900rpm.
Different seats, different audio setup, antenna, same basic dash as Camry, but has high<er> quality leather on it.

More plastic around the undercarrage of the engine. *Everything* is sprayed with 1/8" of sound dampener.
The hood has no service light, but instead has a 1/4 inch thick piece of insulation to further dampen noise. (dose Camry have that? I don't know.)

*all* ES 300's now have factory lifetime warrenty against engine sludge as long as you can prove you have changed the oil once in the last 10 months, or 10,000miles.

More bells and whisle type stuff.

The body is obviously different, and much better looking. Gen 3's have a sporty look without modification. Gen 4's trade some of that for room, but have new<er> looking tail lights.

If I think of other stuff I'll post.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've taken a close look at both the ES300 and the Cam. I don't see much difference, besides the aforementioned interior upgrades, and minor exterior changes.
As far as I'm concerned, the ES is just a luxo Camry. Toyota changes the headlights, taillights, and puts an L in the grille, and presto.......Lexus ES300.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
1) People think whoa check the Lexus

*this is true

2) People that think it's just a blaoted Camry change their mind after riding around for abit.

*as for #2 it is a bloated camry

Yeah, only difference is a few suspension parts, rear brakes are larger, '92-'93 has no speed limiter, only rev limiter @ 6850-6900rpm.

*funny my wagon has the same size rear rotors as a es300 and i've redlined it and i'v went over 140mph in it also

Different seats, different audio setup, antenna, same basic dash as Camry, but has high<er> quality leather on it.

*i have the same audio set up as the same year es300 antenna and the dash is the same as for leather looks the same to me(my car doesn't have leather but i have compared)

More plastic around the undercarrage of the engine.

*er uh i've noticed the same amount of overpriced plastic on both

Everything is sprayed with 1/8" of sound dampener.

*i've built a box for an es300 and i didn't see any more on it than mine has

The hood has no service light, but instead has a 1/4 inch thick piece of insulation to further dampen noise. (dose Camry have that? I don't know.)

*same dampening

all ES 300's now have factory lifetime warrenty against engine sludge as long as you can prove you have changed the oil once in the last 10 months, or 10,000miles.

*don't they do that for all the toyota line now?

More bells and whisle type stuff.

*that is correct but you can have that stuff added into your camry
i have connections for heated seats and mirrors and a bunch of other stuff i can't remember right now

The body is obviously different, and much better looking.

*how are they better looking they look just as good as a camry only thing is the headlights seem to yellow faster

Gen 3's have a sporty look without modification.

*they still need a body kit or something to help it not look as tall

Gen 4's trade some of that for room, but have new<er> looking tail lights.

*er uh wow tail lights i'd rather have the room oops it's the same

one bad thing is th same parts are more expensive. i e engine cover for my 94 is 75usd for the same year es it's 125usd

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
I am not going to get into a discussion between the look of the nose of gen3 ES 300's against the look of a gen 3 Camry on a Toyota forum.
I'd rather have the tail lights. They're the only part of the Gen 3 body that "looks old and out of date".

What about the ES headlights yellowing? Mine are a bright blue/white with Phillips 6000K. They were a nice color when I had the 9005 silver star's in them too. No yellowing there.

That must be the wagon then, cause the v6 Camry rotors are smaller than ES rotors. I never knew it, but you are correct. Camry Wagon rotors are ES sized. Who cares anyways right? Rear brakes do 20% of the stoping anyways. ;)

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
Toysrme said:
I am not going to get into a discussion between the look of the nose of gen3 ES 300's against the look of a gen 3 Camry on a Toyota forum.
I'd rather have the tail lights. They're the only part of the Gen 3 body that "looks old and out of date".

What about the ES headlights yellowing? Mine are a bright blue/white with Phillips 6000K. They were a nice color when I had the 9005 silver star's in them too. No yellowing there.

That must be the wagon then, cause the v6 Camry rotors are smaller than ES rotors. I never knew it, but you are correct. Camry Wagon rotors are ES sized. Who cares anyways right? Rear brakes do 20% of the stoping anyways. ;)
which tails?

and i mean the cover yellowing not the light beam themselves.
i never thought there was a difference but there is compared to the part #'s.
here are the part numbers:

94 camry v6 wagon:
Wearever YH141800
Rear; Station Wagon

94 es300:
Wearever YH141800
Rear

94 camry 4dr/2dr v6:
Wearever YH141726
Rear; Except Station Wagon

so i guess my wagon is closer to being to a lexus then the 2/4dr camry's

:lol: :D :banger:

·
Turbo-Yota power
1,773 Posts
Lexus cars built in Japan get hand picked best of the line engines.Yes they pick the engine that has the tightest bearing specs.Canadian built lexus I dont know but would not surprise me.Also they use special metal with sound dampening swirls on new models toyota does not.I know this from the crap i was receiving from Toyota canada at the dealer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
One of the first things I noticed about the car when I test drove it was the NVH. I haven't been in very many cars that were nearly as quiet. At crusing speed on the highway, you hear almost nothing. At a stoplight, in neutral, the fan speed of the A/C is louder than anything else.
Anyone know know where else they sprayed the 1/8" sound dampening material? I see it on the underside of the hood, the firewall, and along all the gaps where the hood closes.

Sly

·
stealth
253 Posts
One thing ive notice we have a 94 camry xle and a 96 es300 is front brakes on the es300 has 2 piston calipers. It also has the gen4 1mz engine which would take the supercharger for the gen 4 camry as long as there isnt any space issues (ie hood clearance and firewall clearance) There are many little things that are different its just that little extra more that makes it a lexus.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
2wicked the tails on an '01 ES are nicer than earlier years. That's what we all retrofit to. ;) Updates the look a lot, but doesn't fit on gen 2 ES's(gen3 camry) :'(

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
badazzlegnd said:
One thing ive notice we have a 94 camry xle and a 96 es300 is front brakes on the es300 has 2 piston calipers.
it has dual piston caliper because it has abs the camry's and avalons that had abs came with them also.

the changes to them are not all to big for me to say "wow" but as for their other line up (gs & is) then they do appeal to me. it just makes no sense to buy a car that is the same as a cheaper version of it. when they start to make them completely different then i'll say which is better but imho they ARE overpriced camry's

·
The Regenerator
2018 Prius Two-Eco
599 Posts
l33tGreenCamry said:
isn't the es300 suspesion different than the xle v6?
B Deuce said:
Wait, not so fast. That should be "maybe". In the most recent generation, the one that turned into the ES-330 a year or so ago, there are two different suspension options on the ES. The base version is probably pretty much what you find under the XLE Camry. The optional "adaptive" ES suspension has three settings. I think they're Sport, Normal, and Soft, or something like that. You select what you want via selector on the panel. This ES setup is definitely NOT the same as any you find under a Camry.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
badazzlegnd said:
i have a 94 camry with abs and it doesnt have 2 piston calipers.
that's funny did you look at them recently? cause when you buy new calipers they ask if you have abs or not and if you do the caliper that your car uses has 2 pistons on one side. look at my cardomain site in my sig. i put in comparisons

1 - 20 of 20 Posts