Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,672 Posts
Learning to Appreciate German Toilets
https://www.german-way.com/german-toilets/
I wouldn't just say that's Germany, but most of Europe too. I've said before I like European toilets better than American, and for the reasons they cited. The only down side to the European-type toilets is when you take a shit there's a lot more smell, but again like the article said you just scoot forward when you drop a load to prevent that. :)

The other things Europeans have that I still have to put in my bathrooms are heated towel racks for bath towels. Nothing more delicious than getting out of the shower and wrapping yourself in a nice, warm bath towel. Hey, I may have roughed it a lot over the years in the bad bush, but when I'm home I don't mind going pussy because I can. :lol:

·
There is no substitute.
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't just say that's Germany, but most of Europe too. I've said before I like European toilets better than American, and for the reasons they cited. The only down side to the European-type toilets is when you take a shit there's a lot more smell, but again like the article said you just scoot forward when you drop a load to prevent that. :)

The other things Europeans have that I still have to put in my bathrooms are heated towel racks for bath towels. Nothing more delicious than getting out of the shower and wrapping yourself in a nice, warm bath towel. Hey, I may have roughed it a lot over the years in the bad bush, but when I'm home I don't mind going pussy because I can. :lol:
The toilets are like that in Austria too. I wasn't bothered by it, like you said just scoot forward if you want your poo to go straight down.

Maybe this is too technical for the average American. :lol:

Yeah the heated towel thing is neat too. It's one of those "hey why didn't they thought of that" items.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Jimmy Carter thanks him. So far as the EU terlets just flush right when you drop ordinance and you'll be better off then wipe and flush again instead of waiting to the end wipe to finally flush everything together.

·
Premium Member
34,672 Posts
51-year old man found in bed with hypothermia and the heater off
http://www.thelocal.at/20170110/51-year-old-man-found-in-bed-with-hypothermia-and-the-heater-off

Europeans = drive small cars, live in cold houses. :lol:
I remember riding on a train in Britain on my way to Chester and having this conversation with a young British gentleman about the differences between the two countries. At one point he said in the typical snarky and arrogant European manner, "You Americans always like to point out how nice you have it in America, yet we've been around as a people for thousands of years. How long has your country been around?"

I shot back, "Yah, well, we haven't been around very long compared to you guys, but we also don't live like a bunch of primates either. We actually enjoy hot water, central heating, in-home washers and dryers, dishwashers, and even microwave ovens, and we run them at utility rates a fraction what you guys in Europe pay. For Pete's sake, bring yourselves out of the 13th century...there's nothing to stop you except except some kind of warped mindset that 'we've been doing it this way for thousands of years' no matter how miserable it makes me. That just doesn't make any sense."

He laughed and didn't say much after that. :D

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,459 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I remember riding on a train in Britain on my way to Chester and having this conversation with a young British gentleman about the differences between the two countries. At one point he said in the typical snarky and arrogant European manner, "You Americans always like to point out how nice you have it in America, yet we've been around as a people for thousands of years. How long has your country been around?"

I shot back, "Yah, well, we haven't been around very long compared to you guys, but we also don't live like a bunch of primates either. We actually enjoy hot water, central heating, in-home washers and dryers, dishwashers, and even microwave ovens, and we run them at utility rates a fraction what you guys in Europe pay. For Pete's sake, bring yourselves out of the 13th century...there's nothing to stop you except except some kind of warped mindset that 'we've been doing it this way for thousands of years' no matter how miserable it makes me. That just doesn't make any sense."

He laughed and didn't say much after that. :D
All that time for a people to exist yet they still don't know how to prevent being taxed over 90% but we do despite being such a young people. Guess we're not as stupid as you think knobby tosser. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
That's fantastic. If only America would do the same with annoying people we'd be so much better off.

·
Premium Member
34,672 Posts
If she works she's still screwed because not only does she have to pay Swiss taxes but, of course, the United States (which almost no other country requires of their citizens abroad). Of late I've been giving more thought to moving permanently to Switzerland, but I still have years to decide. :)

·
There is no substitute.
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I almost forgot about that... my friend who is an American is getting chased after by the IRS at his French bank. He has never had a job in the US his whole life yet he is required to report his income...? It's kinda messed up.

1 - 20 of 448 Posts