Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Tacoma started throwing multiple evap leak codes. I can clear them but come back after a few hundred miles. Frustrating cause once the check engine light comes on the adaptive cruise does not work. Has anyone else had this Evap problem. I even changed the fuel cap.
Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Google searching for those codes makes it look like there's a bigger problem than the gas cap.

That exact combination of codes hits on a RAV4 TSB from 10 years ago about water contamination in the EVAP system. Some searching on TW also brought up examples of 2nd Gen owners with problems with the charcoal canister or the EVAP Leak Detection Pump itself. The canister can be damaged by "topping off" the fuel tank at the gas pump, either intentionally or if the pump doesn't shut off properly and overfills the tank.

If you're still under the 3/36 warranty, get the truck to a dealer ASAP and let them deal with this while it's still free. Certain parts of the EVAP system are covered under a Federal 8/80 emission control warranty - see the Warranty and Maintenance Guide for details.

Was your truck included in the fuel pump recall? If so, have you had it done? If it needs to be done, maybe they can fix two things in one visit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts