Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beach_High
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting a Code P0456 on my 2007 Highlander and wanted to troubleshoot it. Checking out the service manual, I found reference to the Service Port which should have been connected to the hose assembly (23820-20210.) However, my highlander did not have this port which I found was part number: 77739-06010. Were these not installed on all Highlanders? And is there any reason for me to install one?

·
Registered
156 Posts
#1 is gas cap leak; very easy fix
#2 is the fuel tank "i'm full" valve. they crack. not so easy fix. must drop tank down "a bit", using the straps.

issue is the vacuum sensor reports falling vacuum during the routine leak tests, when all should be sealed.

·
Beach_High
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Dave, Thanks for your reply.
I did replace the gas cap with a genuine toyota cap but still had the CEL come back after installing it and the code was was cleared. I did ultimately find the leak which was a cracked hose in the previously mentioned hose assembly 23820-20210 and repaired it. Before I found the leak, I was going to attempt a smoke test but couldn't find the service port to do that. Some vendors show the replacement assembly with the service port and some show it without (see attached.)
My question was: Is there any reason to install the service port since it was not there to begin with?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts