Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my luck, bumber to bumber extended warranty expired 2 months ago on my 2015 Corolla LE with 90 000 kms...now getting a CEL with codes P043E,P043F,P2401,P2402 and P2419 which are codes for a small evap leak. Tightened gas cap and cleared codes. CEL came back 2 days later. Cleaned gas cap and metal fill tube, cleared codes and CEL came back 2 days later (this morning).

So I assume I have a small leak somewhere (gas cap,purge valve, charcoal canister,...).

I just put a piece of Saran Wrap on fill tube (to hopefully make a better seal) and closed gas cap over the plastic wrap...wait and see if CEL comes back…I hope the problem is just a leaking cap….

Any tips or advice on how to find my problem if its not the gas cap (do not have access to a smoke machine and trying to avoid stealership $$$$…)

Thank you

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the saran wrap did not stop those codes from coming back...bit the bullet and installed a new evap canister ($400.00 cdn fron ROCKAUTO...ouch !!!!) and that was the fix ……….DO NOT OVERFILL your gas tank like I have ... for the past 35 years...the evap system can be expensive to fix

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
When the pump cuts off that is where you should leave it. My Echo was so bad the charcoal was rattling when I shook it, like rocks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry man, this is why I yell at the gas attendants when they try to overfill my car. I live in NJ (full serve everywhere).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
maalth
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing