Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i am just wondering how hard to replace the A/C Evoportor (sorri about the spelling). I got a camry 94 touring.

·
Registered
633 Posts
About 1 or 2 hours work. You'll need to remove the glove box, then you'll have to remove a few cables and the ecu to make some room. Then you will have to unbolt that big round part and (about 3 or 4 bolts al around), then slide the evaporator to your left and you're done.

If you have any questions just pm me or send me pics and I'll help you.

Good luck !

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok but i though the evaporator is behind the heater unit...do i really need to take the golve box off since it's on the left hand side and i suspect the unit is behind the heater ???

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry but i thought the valves was in the middle (behind the heater) let me know assp where exactly it's ok thanks.

·
Registered
633 Posts
No the heater unit is on the driver's side but the evaporator can be removed from the other side, the only way is the remove the glove box, definitely no other way.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gen 3 Evaporator location?

Hi guys ,
i need to get to my 1994 Camry v6 evaporator, so i can change the expansion valve for the A/C. I was told the best way is to open the glove box, remove ECU then i will locate the evaportor....BUT i was looking at Haynes Repair Manual the evaporator is located in the middle. So what is the easier way...or is what he told me is the easier???

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 camry-how to replace a/c evaporator?

Guys,
I need to find out how to access and replace the a/c evaporator for my 2009 Toyota Camry, any good assistance is appreciated?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts