Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The answer is YES! Driving down the road today at 65 I hear a racket that sounded like something blew out of my back seat. I looked in the mirror and saw something flipping down the road but I had no idea what it was. I pulled over a mile or so later to check but I didn't realize what had happened. Another mile or so down the road I saw it missing in my mirror. I turned around and drove back but never found it! :dunno:

I contacted Weathertech to see if I can get a replacement.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No damage that I have seen so far. I had some jackets in the back seat, I thought that it was a jacket going out the window and the zipper dragged on the way out! This thing had been making vibration noises for a while, must have been loose for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I've had one of mine fall out. Was only going about 10 when it happened. Noticed it was loose earlier in the day. Both rears were loose, and the adhesive strip was filthy. They sent me some new adhesive, haven't put them back in yet.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Emailed Weathertech and explained the situation. They sent me a NEW SET OF REARS... no charge!

I was already a Weathertech fan, this just further solidifies my satisfaction. I believe in supporting those who support their product... there will definately be more Weathertech products in my future!

·
Registered
2008 trd sport 4x4
107 Posts
i had a set of weather tech window visors on my gen 1 tundra for 120,000 miles and never an issue...then a set on my 2008 dc taco for 46,000 miles so far...never a problem..there's no tape on these...they are machined plastic and just stick in the windor groove...get tighened every time u roll up or down...

·
Registered
'10 2WD AC SR5
621 Posts
I Emailed Weathertech and explained the situation. They sent me a NEW SET OF REARS... no charge!

I was already a Weathertech fan, this just further solidifies my satisfaction. I believe in supporting those who support their product... there will definately be more Weathertech products in my future!

That is great man ... I feel the same way .... customer service is a lost art.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That is great man ... I feel the same way .... customer service is a lost art.
Good to hear. I live not to far from there showroom and the guy I talked to was fine in person, but was a real dick to the person he was on the phone with while I was waiting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts