Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i saw a camry in my city, 2000 or 2001, it had reded out turn signals in the tail lights, how did he do this? think he bought the clear lights off ebay (below) and then spray painted them? is there anyway to do this with the stock amber piece?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow im sorry i meant gen 4.5 not evo, i was thinkin about the body kit, my bad

·
Grenaded piston
6,584 Posts
Spray over the amber part with Testors transparent candy apple red paint. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on the outside or take the bulb out and spray inside? are you 100% sure this will work?

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Yeah just spray it with the Testors candy apple transparent paint. Just paint the outside and it should work if you do it right.

·
Registered
678 Posts
ummm, I think they do sell those tail lights on ebay for gen 4, and gen 4.5 also. Not see them often, but you can type toyota camry, and keep look for them.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
you could do the outside, but the real way is to open up the lamp and then spray the inside.....or else you'll have to spray the enrie outside to make it all look even

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Eye8Pussies said:
you could do the outside, but the real way is to open up the lamp and then spray the inside.....or else you'll have to spray the enrie outside to make it all look even
nope, you can do it just fine with spraying the outside and taping it off, you just need to then clear coat it, wait 2 weeks or so then polishing compound it down to take any small defects out, and clear the whole unit.

here's my result with my gen3:

·
WHAT???
341 Posts
hey alex, how did u make ur headlight so bright i have the same bulbs 9006 plasma glows. and what kind of underbody lights u got? there nice.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
CrawlingEye said:
nope, you can do it just fine with spraying the outside and taping it off, you just need to then clear coat it, wait 2 weeks or so then polishing compound it down to take any small defects out, and clear the whole unit.

here's my result with my gen3:

I stand corrected....that looks clean :thumbup:

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Eye8Pussies said:
I stand corrected....that looks clean :thumbup:
thanks, I did in fact spray the whole tail piece (as in what lights, not the black part), the black part I taped off to keep the OEM look going on. :)

I don't want my Cam to look too aftermarket, just a clean incarnation of what I think should've been done. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im gonna do this tommorow and post my results :) supra86, go to my cardomain site it says what kinda underglow it is, and my lights are bright I dont know why haha but they burned my wires, so i had to get heavy duty, they are burning them too tho......fuckin scary, also my cap is all brown

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
CrawlingEye said:
thanks, I did in fact spray the whole tail piece (as in what lights, not the black part), the black part I taped off to keep the OEM look going on. :)

I don't want my Cam to look too aftermarket, just a clean incarnation of what I think should've been done. :)

ahhhh....no wonder....you painted the whole light...was wondering how you got it that even......

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
aleks77 said:
im gonna do this tommorow and post my results :) supra86, go to my cardomain site it says what kinda underglow it is, and my lights are bright I dont know why haha but they burned my wires, so i had to get heavy duty, they are burning them too tho......fuckin scary, also my cap is all brown
the wattage on your bulbs are too damn high :rolleyes: :disappoin

Keri

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think it lights up red.......or green, red + orange......anyone?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts