Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all- First time post-

Start 93 Camry and exhaust bubbles flood radiator and it eventually quits. Any idea what this is? I am assuming head gasket, any thoughts on if I should replace it?>

:confused:

·
OLD TN dude
62 Posts
Head gasket-cracked cylinder or head:disappoin
SORRY
MCTOY

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Does your engine oil look like a milk shake?
it's probably over.
Shop a new (used/rebuilt) engine cause it will probably be cheaper than trying to fix this monster.
:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the oil looks great. If I run it without coolant in it it runs like a champ, but when I pressurize it it runs for l littel bit and kills. So, exhaust thruogh the radiator... Am I right in thinking it's not a cracked head?

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Whats bubbling? Im not getting this. If you can smell antifreeze from your tail pipe, your heads are blown. If your water is milky and so is your oil....your heads are blown. If you radiator is over flowing then you may have a bad radiator. To check if your water pump is bad grab one of the radiator hoses *when its cold running* pinch the hose, then let it back out slowly. If you feel water running through your cool. You may have to wait till the car heats up and starts pumping water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the scoop: Start car, exhaust pours into cooling system. I can tell this because there are large bubbles coming out of the radiator that smell like exhaust. water and oil are normal, water pump is new, thermostat is new, radiator is 1 year old. What do you think?

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
I have no idea man. I've never heard of anything like this and Ive had to deal with alot of cooling system problems. How would your exhaust get into your cooling system???? Id really like to know the outcome of this one. Consult a mechanic bro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts