Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I have a pretty bad exhaust leak... the thing is though, is that the more it leaks, the faster the car becomes, my car has all the torque and the power i feel it should have had to start with! its amazing!

But alas... the car is still too loud, i believe is leak is coming from the front of the car, possibly where the intake manifold meets the block...

Gasket kit for it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
sure hope not...

If it's your exhaust manifold gasket, that's about the worst possible scenario for your leak, it takes a lot for that to happen. I'd suggest starting your car, opening your hood and checking to see where the leak is. You'll probably find that it's on your front pipe somewhere, it's easy to feel around for it before your exhaust heats up. If it is in fact in the engine compartment then you need to get it fixed immediately, as carbon monoxide can leak into your car pretty easy from there. If it's under your car you'll be fine unless you get pulled over for it being loud.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Yeah, his exhaust is stock.

My guess so far is the flex pipe. But I'm not sure, I only heard it for a little bit.

I told you Scott, bring it over to my house and we'll get it up on jack stands. I still have some wrap left, we could do yours too :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes it is very often that flex pipe. It has already broken 3 times on my car while no other exhaust part has broken in 350,000 km

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, its the flex pipe, right where the 2 pipes are side by side i can feel air comin out... damn its loud

they dont by chance have aftermarket for this piece do they?

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
When I had an exhaust leak, I felt like I finnally had a mod done to our car. It was the coolest week of November. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts