Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the torque specs for the exhaust manifold on 2.4l? And if there is a set sequence. Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
2,025 Posts
FSM says the exhaust manifold to cylinder head bolts should be 27Ft.Lbs. doesn't seem real tight to me but that's what it says.

·
Registered
2004Toyota Camry V6
1,672 Posts
Thanks. I guess I can always make it tighter if I need to. Thanks, Brian
27 ft. lbs. is correct. Tightening sequence is lower middle, upper left, upper right, lower left and lower right. I always snug them up and then uses at least three tightening sequences to get to correct torque. You have to be careful working with aluminum heads and blocks. Not like it was with the old iron block engines. Regards:smile:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Huh, life is weird sometimes.

When I finally get around to putting on the manifold sitting in the garage right now, I was going to need the torque and sequence for a 2002 Camry, with the 2.4.

Awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok i change the catalytic converter and i have an exhaust leak in the manifold tried 3 different gasket but still the same thing i followed the torqe specs from this page what do yall think

·
Registered
472 Posts
ok i change the catalytic converter and i have an exhaust leak in the manifold tried 3 different gasket but still the same thing i followed the torqe specs from this page what do yall think
Where's she leakin, between manifold and head? Was it sandid with a block or did you localize it and create low spots with a grinder? Was it cleaned in the first place? Anyway I just described the easy way out, all else fails...two gaskets.

Your welcome! Cheers from Canada.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts