Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Do Work!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm nowhere close to getting this stuff yet, but I'm trying to get a list together and start saving up. And I don't even know if all of this stuff is compatible with each other, so tell me if it isn't (but I do know you're not supposed to do the TRD CAI with the supercharger...screw that!). Here's what I'm going with:
1 - TRD Supercharger
2 - TRD CAI
3 - Doug Thorley Headers
4 - URD Y-Pipe
5 - URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
Number 6 is going to be exhaust, but I don't know what I should get for this setup. I want duals, and I want it to sound along the lines of the FM 50 Series Delta Flow, not too loud but lets you know it was there. I have a Forza Flow with duals right now, sounds good since I've run it out to the back, but I had turn downs and that sounded awful inside the truck (way too loud). I've heard that it's recommended to get cat-back exhaust if you get the Y-Pipe, but to be honest, I don't even know what cat-back exhaust is, and what that means. I just want something to sound good and will get me that max amount of power flow for this set up. I just want the most beastly Tacoma I can make! :D

Also, I was just wondering...with all this stuff and whatever exhaust you recommend, does anybody know about what would my horsepower and torque be? I'm guessing it'll be in the high 300s if not over 400. It's all going to be going on a 06 Tacoma, TRD OR 4x4, 3" lift, and 32-33" tires. Thanks in advance.

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts
...me and my dad have been looking at F-250s, because we and all of our friends have and have always had Fords, and they have all gone over 100,000 miles without ever going in the shop (other than an oil change). I've done a lot of stuff to my truck, and put a lot of time and money into it...but nothing I wouldn't mind lettin go for a beastly Powerstroke FX4.
Why bother if you are just going to get a Ford??

·
Do Work!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why bother if you are just going to get a Ford??
This is the third time I've posted this exact thread. The 1st and 2nd time was early last week, before all that stuff happened, so just kept posting until I got a reply because I was still interested to hear what people had to say. I'm not going with a Ford unless they give it back and tell me nothing's wrong with it and it just happens again.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
This is the third time I've posted this exact thread. The 1st and 2nd time was early last week, before all that stuff happened, so just kept posting until I got a reply because I was still interested to hear what people had to say. I'm not going with a Ford unless they give it back and tell me nothing's wrong with it and it just happens again.
Andy try bumping an OLDER thread pease. No need to make a new thread untill you get a reply :rolleyes:

Im not sure why your asking about a cat back exhaust if you dont know what one is. We have a wonderfull feature around here called the "Search" You should be able find 90% of any questions you have been asking. You seem to be asking hypothetical questions. If your looking to hear sound clips of Exhaust search here or on youtube.com there are tons of clips.

·
"Silver Streakin"
168 Posts
Cat Back exhaust = Exhaust thats bolts to the back of the last Catalytic Converter and runs to the exhaust tip.

I have the Banks 3" Monster cat back system and I love it. Here's the link:

http://www.bankspower.com/newproducts-4-06.cfm

Hope this helps,

turfdoc

ps, if you do all of that stuff to your taco, it will be one mean motor scooter, keep us posted.

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
Sounds like to me the OP needs to do a little bit more research if he's decided on the supercharger(URD is a good option), but cant decide on the exhaust. Look around the forums at tad before posting a thread like this. This issue has been discussed in the past.

·
catch me if you can
07 xrunner
284 Posts
I'm nowhere close to getting this stuff yet, but I'm trying to get a list together and start saving up. And I don't even know if all of this stuff is compatible with each other, so tell me if it isn't (but I do know you're not supposed to do the TRD CAI with the supercharger...screw that!). Here's what I'm going with:
1 - TRD Supercharger
2 - TRD CAI
3 - Doug Thorley Headers
4 - URD Y-Pipe
5 - URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
Number 6 is going to be exhaust, but I don't know what I should get for this setup. I want duals, and I want it to sound along the lines of the FM 50 Series Delta Flow, not too loud but lets you know it was there. I have a Forza Flow with duals right now, sounds good since I've run it out to the back, but I had turn downs and that sounded awful inside the truck (way too loud). I've heard that it's recommended to get cat-back exhaust if you get the Y-Pipe, but to be honest, I don't even know what cat-back exhaust is, and what that means. I just want something to sound good and will get me that max amount of power flow for this set up. I just want the most beastly Tacoma I can make! :D

Also, I was just wondering...with all this stuff and whatever exhaust you recommend, does anybody know about what would my horsepower and torque be? I'm guessing it'll be in the high 300s if not over 400. It's all going to be going on a 06 Tacoma, TRD OR 4x4, 3" lift, and 32-33" tires. Thanks in advance.
all will work but the maf cal will not be needed. i dont think anyone has tried to use it yet with the trd s/c, because you have to get the flash from toyota done with the install and its a pretty good tune.

lont tube headers and the urd ypipe will be really loud. youll either want to leave out the pipe and run a nice catback. or run the ypipe with the headers, and run a really big muffler to keep the sound down. You wont be anywhere near 350 horse, let alone 400. most people with those similar mods are only just over 300-310.

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
I'm guessing it'll be in the high 300s if not over 400.
Good luck on 400 HP. Supercharged tacomas are rated at 306. Search button helps alleviate the need for this thread.

·
Do Work!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all will work but the maf cal will not be needed. i dont think anyone has tried to use it yet with the trd s/c, because you have to get the flash from toyota done with the install and its a pretty good tune.

lont tube headers and the urd ypipe will be really loud. youll either want to leave out the pipe and run a nice catback. or run the ypipe with the headers, and run a really big muffler to keep the sound down. You wont be anywhere near 350 horse, let alone 400. most people with those similar mods are only just over 300-310.
I appreciate all the people, like turfdoc, who don't waste their time telling me to search. This is searching...I'm searching for people who have an answer. Anyways, the specs for just the TRD S/C alone on a stock Tacoma are like 305hp, so why wouldn't it be close to 350 with all the other stuff?

Jaxchrisfla's post was also helpful. My real question was how does the cat-back exhaust work if you have the Y-Pipe because it completely gets rid of the cats, but you answered my question. Thanks to all the non-uptight people.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
I appreciate all the people, like turfdoc, who don't waste their time telling me to search. This is searching...I'm searching for people who have an answer. Anyways, the specs for just the TRD S/C alone on a stock Tacoma are like 305hp, so why wouldn't it be close to 350 with all the other stuff?

Jaxchrisfla's post was also helpful. My real question was how does the cat-back exhaust work if you have the Y-Pipe because it completely gets rid of the cats, but you answered my question. Thanks to all the non-uptight people.
Nobody was unpolite. Your just a bit lazy andy. Why post the same thing 3 times? It seems you have the time to post 3 times but no time to search? :confused:

·
"Silver Streakin"
168 Posts
If you look at a pic of a y-pipe you see there is a flange at the end of the y-pipe just like the one on the end of the cat. You just hook up the exhaust there.

I'm glad I could help, hope the dealership finds out whatever ghost you have in the machine.

turfdoc

·
catch me if you can
07 xrunner
284 Posts
That is crank rated horsepower. The truck is rated at 236 crank horsepower stock. Adde the trd s/c, and you move up to their stated 305hp. Thats a 70hp gain at the crank. Now most stock 4Ls put down right around 200 to the wheels stock. you throw a trd s/c on it with absolutely no other mods and your going to be looking at the 260-270hp range. Now add an intake, headers, exhaust, efan, that will put you at or over the 300hp mark to the wheels. probably 330-340 to the crank. my truck makes 235hp, to the wheels with intake, maf cal, longtubes. that would relate to nearly 265-270 hp at the crank.

just to clear up what at the crank means just in case you are unsure. Its basically a bench engine dyno. So you will have a higher number there, than once the motor is in the vehicle, and the power is being sent threw the clutch/torque converter, transmission, driveshaft, rear axle, wheels and tires. You lose about %20 of that crank hp.

On our truck, its not really a "cat back". But in a since it is, as the passenger side of the ypipe, is inline with the rest of the exhsaust exiting out the rear of the truck. The term cat back would be more appropriate for something like a inline motor where they only have one exhaust manifold, that goes to a cat, then the rest of the exhaust is bolted to the cat. So when your wanting to change out your exhaust, you want to get rid of as much as possible, which would be from the " cat, back". Cat backs are basically bolt on exhaust systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cat Back exhaust = Exhaust thats bolts to the back of the last Catalytic Converter and runs to the exhaust tip.

I have the Banks 3" Monster cat back system and I love it. Here's the link:

http://www.bankspower.com/newproducts-4-06.cfm

Hope this helps,

turfdoc

ps, if you do all of that stuff to your taco, it will be one mean motor scooter, keep us posted.
just bought a banks, looling for more low end does it help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts