Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust has some holes/leaks in it and I need to get it fixed anyway... Would it be cheaper to just fix up the holes or to get a new custom exhaust? because some people said it's cheaper to just get a new flex pipe welded on than to repair it... would that apply to entire exhaust system?

i'm kind of confused about something... read somewhere that if you are getting custom exhaust that if you tell the shop you want to add a muffler you will sound stupid and they will just rip you off??? but isn't it all cars have a muffler on? don't you need it to pass emissions? or is that something else? if i were to get a custom exhaust say.. 2.25 - 2.5"... i would still pass emissions right?

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
it's not good to try and patch a rust hole cause it will just get worse and as for getting a custom set up made it's not bad you can either get your own muffler and have them do the rest or have then do the whole thing inhouse.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm.. ic. so i guess my only choice would be to get all new custom setup made... would i need a new resonator/cat or would the stock one work? and um so a custom setup is supposed to have a muffler right?

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
what do u have ?? a 5sfe 4 banger of v6 3vz / 1mz ???
5sfe = 2.25 custom piping ...
v6 = 2.5 custom piping...

you can use ur stock resonator but why do that when ur replacing the cat back piping...just mind as well put a new one in?? (cuz ur resonator might be rattling and also have holes) :dunno:

try going stainless steel + mandrel bent ( but its more expensive $$$)
most muffler shops will carry aluminum steel tho... (its cheaper)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts