Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to do some form of custom exhaust on my 3sfe Camry. Not straight pipes Because I'm sure it would sound terrible. Does anyone know if a 5sfe header would work? Any bolt on aftermarket mufflers? Thanks

·
Toyota Collector
11,826 Posts
5S header will bolt right up but you'll lose the catalytic and won't gain any power. Not sure what you're going for exactly just more noise? V6 muffler bolts up to the 4-cylinder pipe but it won't sound any different. If you want a more "sporty" system go to a good shop and get a custom setup made.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5S header will bolt right up but you'll lose the catalytic and won't gain any power. Not sure what you're going for exactly just more noise? V6 muffler bolts up to the 4-cylinder pipe but it won't sound any different. If you want a more "sporty" system go to a good shop and get a custom setup made.
Yeah just more noise mostly. Factory manifold is leaky and the cat has already been gutted. So I'd like more noise and a better look under the hood.

·
Registered
1990 Camry
39 Posts
Maybe look at what headers and such came on the 3SGTE. Maybe it's the same, I don't know. But I see a lot of MR2`s with custom exhaust. Edit 3SGE.. Non-turbo.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Camry LE
225 Posts
There's the Celica obx header, you need to cut the header to down pipe flange and weld on the supplied one though. It's what I have and it's lasted 2 years so far, it's stainless tho haha.

As for everything else it'll be custom. If you can weld you can try to do it yourself, but I'd recommend taking it to an exhaust shop haha.

If you want more noise you can change the resonator to a vibrant ultraquiet, im in love with vibrants stuff. Cuts out all the header rasp too.

My personal setup is the obx header, and a 2.25in catback to a 2.5 inch dual tip muffler. Vibrant resonator and muffler. Sounds aggro but not stupidly loud.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WaveSurfer;14014692 said:
There's the Celica obx header, you need to cut the header to down pipe flange and weld on the supplied one though. It's what I have and it's lasted 2 years so far, it's stainless tho haha.
What year Celica and do you mean it comes with a flange that fits or I'll have to use the one off of my factory manifold? Thanks for the help yo

Not sure why it won't let me quote correctly

·
Super Moderator
12,871 Posts
Fixed it for ya.

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Camry LE
225 Posts
WaveSurfer;14014692 said:
What year Celica and do you mean it comes with a flange that fits or I'll have to use the one off of my factory manifold? Thanks for the help yo

Not sure why it won't let me quote correctly
It's an obx SS race header for a 90-93 Celica 5sfe.
The header comes with a flange to weld into the down pipe. You have to cut off the existing flange and mate the header flange to it. I'd recommend having a shop do it since it's hard to weld with the header and dp on, very tight space.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts