Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I live in the wonderful liberal state of Massachusetts, I just failed my inspection for safety because my exhaust is too loud. Can anyone recommend something with great quality, nice look and no to low noise? I have a 93 gt-s, 2.2, AT.

It presently has a single exhaust from engine to rear axle and then splits into dual tail pipes at the 45 clamp just after the rear axle.

Thanks everyone!!!

·
Registered
93 Celica GT Coupe
350 Posts
Nobody really makes one for your car. If they do, it's just an axle back and not worth the time to bolt it on.

Go with a custom 2.5", high flow universal cat, a nice magnaflow resonator, and a fart can of your choice.

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
oh i live in R.I. i get my balls busted all the time i got the one with the "silencer" plug it works awsum you just shove it in bolt it up and head over to a local inspection place it sounds (with the plug) stock

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silencer plug...

Is this the name of it? Can this be purchased at local auto parts stores? Does it harm the engine from any back pressure? Thanks for the idea asphalt victory. I will definitely look into it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
Is this the name of it? Can this be purchased at local auto parts stores? Does it harm the engine from any back pressure? Thanks for the idea asphalt victory. I will definitely look into it.:thumbsup:
i dont rember the name i guess key word would be "silencer" i got it from jc whitney
i cant say if back pressure will harm an engine but think of this someone with a "fartcan" muffler is usualy the spirited driver so idk maby that goes hand in hand

but yea the silencer looks like a small trumpet cup that fits in the big "fartcan" hole and swear it sounds stock when its in

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
yea thats it i think i paid 130$ for the whole exaust silencer combo but hanging it was another story

1 - 7 of 7 Posts