Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
08' Tacoma Acess Cab
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body have this problem...? I always seem to get lots of soot on my rear quarter panel, bumper and mud flap. Its not like I lug my truck to get a lot of soot build up in my exhaust either. I even once tried cleaning out my tail pipe as far as in as i could and still got the soot. It almost looks as if this comes from water getting on the tail pipe but i get it on a good dry day as well. Does the truck have this much exhaust moisture....? Can any one help...?

·
Just pin it, Ya' fairy!
08 tacoma
123 Posts
thats weird i never have that problem with my taco, maybe your engine is running to rich???
hopefully somebody with some knowledge will chime in soon.

·
Registered
08' Tacoma Acess Cab
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is almost as if it is running to rich but i dont see how it could be with all of the technology these days, and i have always had it serviced at the dealership, but i dont know im not a car mechanic

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
soot on my rear quarter panel is pretty common with the 4.0 if you do a search your not alone.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
soot on my rear quarter panel is pretty common with the 4.0 if you do a search your not alone.

^2nd that! That is why you get a nice muffler installed and put a turn down behind the rear axle and you are good. No more soot! :naughty:

·
<< workaholic
toyotas damnit
85 Posts
i have a MBRP exhaust and it came with some beautiful exhaust tips. i love the exhaust and the way the tips look, but i'm half tempted to cut it all off because the tip stays so sooty you cant tell if its the polished stainless or just solid black. i get my truck washed once a week, and the guys that wash it buff my tip out and clean it every week, but the tip is covered in black soot week after week.

its just from the truck running too rich. but without a custom tune and an APR x-1 you cant fix it.

·
Registered
08' Tacoma Acess Cab
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alrighty thanks for the help guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts