Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal for my exhaust to spit out water/some sort of liquid? after a minute or so of starting the truck, ill see a pile of light water/liquid. i checked the radiator and coolant and they're still good. is it a good thing to do a radiator flush? iono, i might have to do that and replace the coolantt this weekend. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1989 Toyota Pickup
98 Posts
It's just condensation from your manifold/exhaust system (correct me on the location) but it's very normal. My truck does the same thing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok kool. that's good news to me :) i thought something was going wrong on my truck. thanks for the response my friend!

·
Registered
91 4x4 extracab
608 Posts
as long as it goes away after a few minutes and your exhaust does not make steam it is normal. it has something to do with your catalytic converter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That moisture you see is the very reason exhaust systems rust our quickly when vehicles are driven for short around town trips. You get that several times a day.
On the Freeway, driving for hours, the moisture is removed once at start up and does not come back again until start up for the next day's long run.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts