Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Micky Blue
1996 Toyota Camry LE
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gen 3.5 camry with a 5sfe engine has like 200k miles on it...

and if i let the car sit and idle for 5-10 minutes, it will look like theres a giant puddle of water underneath and 3 feet behind the car of the exhaust muffler..

a friend of mine was like "thats not normal, must be water in gas tank" then my dad was like "all cars do that, thats normal"... dunno!:confused:

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
first thing that comes to mind is...ur in oregon(humid state unless im mistaken) if the car is idling for any period of time ur gonna see condensation. but how big a puddle are we talking? if you had water in teh gas then the car wouldnt run right at all.

·
Micky Blue
1996 Toyota Camry LE
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true... well it runs very under powered right now... could it be cheap crappy spark plug and wires? they work, just very poorly i guess... or bad gas cap?

·
Micky Blue
1996 Toyota Camry LE
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well put it this way... one time i drove around for 10 minutes, always with a trail of steam/smoke coming off my tail pipe... and parked for less than 5 minutes, there was a steam trail of water on the road.... i think it took 1 minute for it to do that.

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
mine did that after it was sitting for 2 months (condensation)...

·
Micky Blue
1996 Toyota Camry LE
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
could it be because i run the car really low on empty alot? well lately i havent but for a while i did. i pulled a kramer to see how far i could go..

would it help if i got some condinsation obsorbing stuff at autozone?

·
Radio, this is Unit 91...
1993 Camry LE AT
848 Posts
H2O is a natural byproduct of an internal combustion engine.

The "water in the gas" comment is freaking hilarious! OMG If your car had too much water in the gas, it wouldn't run at all.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
H2O is a natural byproduct of an internal combustion engine.

The "water in the gas" comment is freaking hilarious! OMG If your car had too much water in the gas, it wouldn't run at all.
Quoted. :thumbup:

·
Micky Blue
1996 Toyota Camry LE
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then wanna give me some tips in helping me help my car? its really underpowered... on straight aways i know i been able to get upto 90mph, now it barely does freeway speeds and starting to drive me insane...

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
Bad sparks, maybe running on less than 4 cylinders?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Is your coolant low? Do you top off your coolant often?

Kep

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
I say do a wire tune up replace all sparks, spark wires,and distribution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts