Toyota Nation Forum banner

Exhaust Suggestions

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  joeynational 
#1 ·
I just recently purchased a 94 4x4, 22-RE, regular cab. Its my new toy/daily driver. I've got a few things to do, but it needs a new exhaust something awful. There is no cat, and plenty of leaks. I'll have to go from the manifold back, it looks like someone brazed this 1 on it looks so bad. Any ideas or suggestions on what I should replace it with, or just stick with what it basically had stock. I dont want loud and obnoxious, but I wouldnt mind a little bit of tone...

Thanks

PS, totally stupid question here, but Im new to these trucks, whats the difference in a pickup, and a Hilux?

#2 · (Edited)
The pickup is USA model 1994 and before; the Hilux is the international version.

The OEM exhaust is quite reasonable & I think sounds good. The CAT is what will cost you big bucks as it contains platinum. If you have no emission testing in your state, you could always use a bypass pipe in place of the CAT.

#3 ·
Thats what is there, a bypass pipe, and i do not have emissions checks, but my Check engine light stays on, and I know that is why. I also know that it'll run much better with it, since its supposed to be there, so I'd rather have it. Whats a round about figure for a replacement cat for these motors?

#4 ·
Thats what is there, a bypass pipe, and i do not have emissions checks, but my Check engine light stays on, and I know that is why. I also know that it'll run much better with it, since its supposed to be there, so I'd rather have it. Whats a round about figure for a replacement cat for these motors?
I got a standard OEM cat for around $70 I think, but I've seen them up to $200. I would shop around. You don't need one of the really high end ones, just an OEM piece, and you'll be fine.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.