Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
dnice25
2008 Scion Tc
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around friday night and got pulled over for having a loud exhaust! Told me I had to go put on the stock exhaust and go get it inspected...ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?

·
ロンリードラ&#
99 Corolla CE
228 Posts
Yeah, if the exhaust is too loud and the police are picky about it, you can get a ticket for it. What muffler you have on? I'd look into a silencer or a different muffler.

·
dnice25
2008 Scion Tc
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a custom exhaust with a 2.25" and they told me I have to go and put my stock exhaust back on! So now I gotta go and get my car inspected...Ticket for $230

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
2 Posts
I know here in North Carolina, it pays to live in a small town. I have a full 3" stage 1 Injen exhaust on my paseo and I ride through town all day and night. Never been tickted or warned.

·
uʍop-ǝpısdn
1,917 Posts
Everyone has an exhaust near my area so no one cares. :) Plus your neighbors sound like they need to chillax and pull the stick out of their asses.

·
Toyota Tech in training!
1999 toyota corolla
350 Posts
i'd get a lawyer or at least contest this. getting a ticket for being 'too loud' is like being pulled over on the autobahn cuz the cop thought you were going 'too fast' unless your town has a POSTED limit or somebody called to complain they cannot ticket you for that. i'd also contact SEMA about this, the Specialty Equipment Market Association. they may help defend you, as it IS in their best interest.
who knows, you may make a supreme court case :lol:

·
ロンリードラ&#
99 Corolla CE
228 Posts
I have a custom exhaust with a 2.25" and they told me I have to go and put my stock exhaust back on! So now I gotta go and get my car inspected...Ticket for $230
What the hell? Why'd they ticket you, 2.25" is close to stock. You should contest the ticket. There's people with huge fart cans on their civics and accords around here that make car alarms go off when they pass by in the downtown area but don't get ticketed.

·
uʍop-ǝpısdn
1,917 Posts
Check your local laws to see what the legal dB level for a car should be. Then get it tested. If it's within the limits, take it to court as proof and they'll waive it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts