Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Camry Gen5er
2002 Camry LE I4
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a total newb at cars. I got a Gen5, not sure about the size of exhaust, but i think it's 2 inches

are there any cheaper chrome exhaust tips than this (saw one for 36 + shipping):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2483616286&category=6755

That's the kind that's sold by toyota, but other kinds r fine, as long as it looks good w/ good price

preferably bolt on (i assume this is ez to install) 'cus i got no welding tools.

btw... where's the bolt, does it go in from the outside?

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
yea the bolt should go in from the outside to clamp it on, or you can drill a hole for a cleaner install

·
Registered
28 Posts
local pepboys carry a good assortment of chrome muffler tips, including some pretty nice 3A racing ones. the price range from like 5 to 8 bucks for just a basic chrome pencil tip, to 20 for the 3A resonator tips. i was really bored one day and got a resonator tip for the stock muffler. looked really good having it on the same cross section level as the end of the rear bumper. only one bolt was able to actually be screwed in to bolt the tip to the exhaust pipe. (odd thing is that it says it takes up to like 2 and 1/2 pipings, but it was a tight fit) since there was only one bolt i used the top left one so it was pretty much consealed by the back bumper. if you want a quick and cheap make up for the back, i'd say that's a pretty good option. as for me, it's just a temporary thing before ups can finally find my door for that 3A racing muffler i ordered like a month ago. and yea, all u need is a a rachet and a size 10, and about 4 to 5 minutes of your life.

·
Registered
99 Posts
zettahertz said:
i'm a total newb at cars. I got a Gen5, not sure about the size of exhaust, but i think it's 2 inches

are there any cheaper chrome exhaust tips than this (saw one for 36 + shipping):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2483616286&category=6755

That's the kind that's sold by toyota, but other kinds r fine, as long as it looks good w/ good price

preferably bolt on (i assume this is ez to install) 'cus i got no welding tools.
i bought that tip....(the pics is decieving, not actually product they sent me
:rolleyes: ) extremely easy to install...they also give you pretty good instructions...check this thread out it has pics of it installed on my gen 5 http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=50815

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
i bought a tip for 8 bucks at the part store it baisically just for looks but i was messing around with it till i got the tone i wantedthey look decent and they are stainless. since they have a seperate bracket to hold the chrome part on i was able to shorten or extend the depth of the tip. so my advice would be to look for a non resonated tip with a rolled lip and make sure it's 2inches deep before your actual tip comes in. and if you have to shorten you tip to achieve that then so be it.

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
40 dollars is a lot for a tip.. I suggest just picking one up from autozone, murrays, pepboys for a couple bucks.

Hell, they sell tips at meijers too :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
is there any exhaust tips that i can get that make noise. If not is there any way i can modify my exhaust tips to make noise. Thanks

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
jojopell said:
is there any exhaust tips that i can get that make noise. If not is there any way i can modify my exhaust tips to make noise. Thanks
Honestly, there are parts at asian auto aftermarkets where i've seen (in Asia) tips that claim to make noises...but i wouldn't think so. If you want noise...just buy a reg. tip with a good LOUD intake. Honestly, i love my trd muffler w/o an intake, its nice cus' no one really hears you modded. For those who look for minute details, they would know i did..and i mod for the enthusiast, not for your reg ricers. But thats just me!

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
BUY A REAL EXSAUST DON'T BE RICE
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE RICE :rice:

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,127 Posts
if you want to be rice, just cut a hole in your muffler...

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have the oem tip off of my 2003 camry SE. i'll sell it to you if you want. the reason why i don't need it is because i bought a new exhaust system.

let me know if you want it. i'll sell it to you for 20 bucks and i'll pay the shipping. (=

·
Registered
toyota camry
652 Posts
Hey all, was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the exhaust tip of the Gen 5 SE? looks dirty and would like to clean it but it does not seem to be bolted on...is it welded? Mosquito, where did you get your exhaust tip? looks nice. would like to change mine.

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
THats only in the monin....beause we up cookin breakfast at someone thats like an alarm clock WHOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
THats only in the monin....beause we up cookin breakfast at someone thats like an alarm clock WHOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts