Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, ive had alot of problems with the exhaust of my celica leaking all over the place. i fixed the assorted leaks with aluminum cans, epoxy, and hose clamps. its cheap, but itll get me by till i get the v6 in there.

anyway, in process of doing this i found that the muffler had competely rusted through where the exhaust goes in and all the stuffing had came out of it... so i just got a small piece of pipe and a chrome tip with a clamp 9 bucks and i have a custom exhaust now:D

i havnt driven it on the road yet, but im about to go to lunch. sounds really raspy now lol

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wouldnt suggest leaving it. if it sounds loud...its leaking somewhere. you just have got to find it. get up under there and look at it. you will most likely find holes around the area the pipe is put together at. also there is a flexible portion of the front exhaust that was alot of the culprit for me. epoxy is an awesome thing lol

edit: remember that exhaust gasses are corrossive by nature. if its blowing on something...it will rust it out. its just a matter of time

and the car is pretty loud i think. gets kinda raspy when the rpms fall down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts