Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TRD-J
09 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my truck is scheduled to arrive in 36 days.

How long after the purchase date do you have to purchase the extended warranty in Canada?

I've read somewhere on here in a post that you have up until the 3 year Original warranty is up to make the purchase. Not sure if that is the case in Canada or not. etc.

Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
64 Posts
buy a warranty from troy from toyota of greenfield. thats what i did 7 yr 160,000 km for 1045, I'm in Canada also. 1/3 of the price the dealer wants, buy it anytime before your 3/60 is up.

search this forum you should find a post about him, great to deal with!!

·
TRD-J
09 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
buy a warranty from troy from toyota of greenfield. thats what i did 7 yr 160,000 km for 1045, I'm in Canada also. 1/3 of the price the dealer wants, buy it anytime before your 3/60 is up.

search this forum you should find a post about him, great to deal with!!
I'm In Newfoundland. Is it possible to purchase an extended warranty from another dealership in another province without actually going to the dealership.

If so, anyone do this before? What do I have to do and will i have issues with local dealerships honoring it - I've heard of similar issues with other dealerships.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm In Newfoundland. Is it possible to purchase an extended warranty from another dealership in another province without actually going to the dealership.

If so, anyone do this before? What do I have to do and will i have issues with local dealerships honoring it - I've heard of similar issues with other dealerships.

YES! email Troy here. t[email protected]

he is from the USA but its way cheaper and its an ECP warranty from toyota.

You can use it in Canada, at any dealership, I bought mine from him over the phone.

·
TRD-J
09 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES! email Troy here. t[email protected]

he is from the USA but its way cheaper and its an ECP warranty from toyota.

You can use it in Canada, at any dealership, I bought mine from him over the phone.
Excellent. Thanks for the info.

One last question, did he send you any sort of paperwork or proof of your purchase, etc. either via email or snail mail.

This is the first brand new car I have bought so not sure all of the in and outs related to this kind of stuff. I imagine he just puts your VIN number in the system and whenever you go to a Toyota and they bring up your info it would show your coverage but where I'm so far away I just like to have evidence if something were to ever arise.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Excellent. Thanks for the info.

One last question, did he send you any sort of paperwork or proof of your purchase, etc. either via email or snail mail.

This is the first brand new car I have bought so not sure all of the in and outs related to this kind of stuff. I imagine he just puts your VIN number in the system and whenever you go to a Toyota and they bring up your info it would show your coverage but where I'm so far away I just like to have evidence if something were to ever arise.
This from an email I recieved from Troy.

Here are the purchase instructions if / when you decide to purchase.

I would need you to mail me an original signed letter indicating the exact
current mileage on your vehicle, and a copy of your current registration.(If
you are in a state where you don't get your state registration right away, I
can also use a copy of the bill of sale, purchase contract, or some other
official document which shows the owners name and address, along with the
vehicles VIN)

Sorry, I know its a little inconvenient, but its the only way we could come
up to cover ourselves on the mileage and VIN verification. After I receive
your letter, I can call you for credit card info, if that's how you choose
to pay, or you can include a check, money order, or the credit card info
with it. Also, make sure that the registration copy is legible (I have
gotten a couple of them recently that I couldn't read or had part of the VIN
chopped off on the copy).

Mail to:

Toyota of Greenfield
12 Olive Street
Greenfield, MA 01301

·
TRD-J
09 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good, almost too good, haha.

Anyone have any experience having anything honored under this warranty at a dealership in Canada?

Just wondering if I will have grief in the future about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.