Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I currently own a VW Jetta TDI owner, and will be returning my car in the next month or so, so I think the Prius would be a great replacement.

I am in the middle of negotiating warranty and price on my Prius (@ a Toyota dealership in Toronto, Canada), however, I am having a hard time with the warranty portion.

Wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this, the person finalizing the deal wont go down more than $300 on the extended warranty and its priced at about $3500 before taxes (7yr/200km GOLD), so it would be $3200 + tax for this.

Any ideas, suggestions? is this a good price? is this worth it? If I am buying the Prius at this dealership, can i buy the warranty at another Toyota?

As for the Prius itself, I am getting around $850 off MSRP of $32,500 (before taxes).

I am not sure but I dont feel like i am getting the best deal I can get.

I literally walked into the dealer and said I want to buy this car.

I could have walked in anywhere and done that.

Any thoughts and recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Who is the plan through? Who is the underwriter? Are they open on the weekends for claims (most aren't but it would be great for them to be available). There are some great companies out there that are easy to work with when it comes to claims, transfers, cancellation/proration, and etc. Once you get the name, walk yourself over to the service department and ask the Service Advisors/Assistant Service Managers how easy that company is to work with.

2016 Prius 4T Premium Convenience Pkg
2016 NX200t F Sport

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who is the plan through? Who is the underwriter? Are they open on the weekends for claims (most aren't but it would be great for them to be available). There are some great companies out there that are easy to work with when it comes to claims, transfers, cancellation/proration, and etc. Once you get the name, walk yourself over to the service department and ask the Service Advisors/Assistant Service Managers how easy that company is to work with.

2016 Prius 4T Premium Convenience Pkg
2016 NX200t F Sport
it's with the dealer, they said its directly thru toyota. I would assume its open hours are the dealers regular hours, plus the roadside assistance for emergencies...

my main concern is the price, am i getting a good deal? $3200 + tax? pretty steep but not sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after a lengthy and uncomfortable negotiation process,
i was able to drop the extended warranty much more than what was initially offered (from ~$3500 to ~$2700) plus other $ discounts, got tints as well, ... worked out to be another $1000 off the total price...

hope this helps anyone in their future Toyota car purchasing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
after a lengthy and uncomfortable negotiation process,
i was able to drop the extended warranty much more than what was initially offered (from ~$3500 to ~$2700) plus other $ discounts, got tints as well, ... worked out to be another $1000 off the total price...

hope this helps anyone in their future Toyota car purchasing!
You should go back and ask for the Platinum coverage! Good job on getting that price down, seemed high!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts