Toyota Nation Forum banner

Extended Warranty

2514 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Scott57350
Are we still able to find dealers selling Toyota extended warranties at a discount price ?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· 16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
18 & 20 XSE Camry
953 Posts
100% valid all states . I bought from her before 2015 no issues
I bought from her last year for my 2018 Camry and same thing, however a lot of users on this group stated that toyota started stamping this down and invalidating out of state purchases. Seemed weird to me but just though I'd ask.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

· Registered
981 Posts
Great question. A Ford premium care extended warranty for my 4wd F150 is much cheaper than what my dealer offered me on the world's most reliable car (Camry).
Same here. I was shocked at the prices for the Toyota extended warranty. I really was expecting it to cost less because the risk for the insurer is a lot less on a Toyota. But I was wrong. The Premium ESP warranty I have on my F-150 was a lot less.

I bought the F-150's warranty through an out of state Ford dealer and haven't had any problems. The coverage was even uploaded to Ford's computer systems so I don't even have to mention I have it or show paperwork. As soon as any dealer nationwide pulls up the VIN they know it has warranty coverage. However when I bought my warranty through the out of state dealer they had a disclaimer that a few states have laws that say warranties for residents of those states are only valid if they're purchased in that state. Florida was one of them. It's not a Toyota rule it's the law in certain states.

· Registered
254 Posts
Same here. I was shocked at the prices for the Toyota extended warranty. I really was expecting it to cost less because the risk for the insurer is a lot less on a Toyota. But I was wrong. The Premium ESP warranty I have on my F-150 was a lot less.

I bought the F-150's warranty through an out of state Ford dealer and haven't had any problems. The coverage was even uploaded to Ford's computer systems so I don't even have to mention I have it or show paperwork. As soon as any dealer nationwide pulls up the VIN they know it has warranty coverage. However when I bought my warranty through the out of state dealer they had a disclaimer that a few states have laws that say warranties for residents of those states are only valid if they're purchased in that state. Florida was one of them. It's not a Toyota rule it's the law in certain states.
The thing that doesn't make sense about that is that the warranty is national. Even if accurate, what would stop me from living in FL, purchasing the warranty, and crossing over into GA to get it fixed? I bought my F150 warranty From Flood Ford and even used my FordPass points to save another $210. They sent me a receipt and it showed up in my FordPass app. My buddy at the Ford dealer I bought the truck looked it up and it shows up on their system. I didn't see any disclaimer from Flood. Maybe a non-OEM warranty could be different??

· Registered
254 Posts
Consumer reports say don't get it as you don't need it. It is like you are paying for a repair before you need and may not need. Super high profit item for the dealer.
Agree generally. At the price of the Toyota warranty it is an easy decision. On my f150 which will be low miles, the 8-year 60k miles bumper to bumper factory warranty with no deductible for $1,050 out of pocket I like the security of knowing I won't have to research the problem and work on a daily driver. I don't mind working on toys, just not daily driver stuff.

· Registered
981 Posts
Consumer reports say don't get it as you don't need it. It is like you are paying for a repair before you need and may not need. Super high profit item for the dealer.
Consumer Reports isn't always right. I just used it on the truck for a torque converter shutter. The cost to fix it plus the rental for 3 weeks paid for the warranty and saved me money on top of that.

· Registered
14 Posts
Most important thing to consider with an extended warranty is what it doesn't cover and the company offering the warranty (are they reliable? - If it's a 3rd party warranty like CareGuard or Carchex or Endurance (etc)

· Registered
26 Posts
Most important thing to consider with an extended warranty is what it doesn't cover and the company offering the warranty (are they reliable? - If it's a 3rd party warranty like CareGuard or Carchex or Endurance (etc)
NEVER buy 3rd party warranties.. Ford's ESP is solid. I buy them for $50 over cost on all of my very expensive, complicated Fords. I was hoping to find the same deal for the Camry.

· 16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
18 & 20 XSE Camry
953 Posts
Whats the cost of the Warranty on the Camry these days?

I have a 2019 XSE and I think I missed the 3 year 36 warranty purchase period so not sure if I can even get it now?

Shahhere
I bought 6yr 125k miles Toyotagold $0 when I bought my camry hybryd for $1870.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts