Toyota Nation Forum banner

exterior paint job

1209 5
im looking to paint my Camry in a month or so...I'm narrowed down my choices for colors, but I wanted to ask around for advice on who I should get to paint my car. My car is a '94 so I'm looking for something good in value...I'd prefer not to pay too much but I'd also love a paint job that will last years down the road...any suggestions guys?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Where's my boomstick?
4,197 Posts
The question is, "how much are you willing to spend?"

Chances are you arent going to find a cheap paint job that is going to look the way you want it to. Maaco, Peaches, ect. are all really a crap shot. I have seen some decent jobs from those places and i have also seen the paint fall of cars from those places. A paint job is an investment, its probably going to be quite expensive to get it done right.

BTW: Welcome to TN, good to see more people from North Carolina.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
7,315 Posts
I got an offer of $3000, and that included major body mods. Removal of about 60 door dings, chaved rear handles, new front 1/4 panel, and solid rear bumper (no gap for the muffler). That also included painting the door jams. Which often cost more.

Search around alot Price at least 5 places before deciding. Get a general idea. And you will never get a good paint job for the $250 macco price. Or anything below $2000 for that matter.

·
Where's my boomstick?
4,197 Posts
HAHA! i got mine for $275.

then again i had a hook up that only made me pay for supplies. car looks hella good to me:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.