Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never ordered a car before, but the Venza that I want I haven't seen. Are there any extra costs associated with ordering a specific model? Should the dealership offer the same deal on an order as one sitting in their lot? I just want to be prepared when I sit down with the local dealership and know what to expect. thanks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Because of extremely limited supply of the well equipped awd v6 models here, many of us have had to wait on our car being built to order. I did not incur any extra costs, except the pain of waiting 3 months. :( My experience however is dealers are more apt to bargain on cars in the lot in order to keep the inventory turning over. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
a bit of a tip when you discuss ordering from the factory. The dealer can order the vehicle under a production "preference" which means they can select a body with your color choice scheduled for build and request your specific configuration of options, engine, drive train, etc. Dealers typically place orders twice a month so you may also mess the nearest order date and have to wait more time for the actual order to be placed from the dealer. Otherwise you could likely be placed in a production queue. Also, the Kentucky plant has been batch building models..... they committed production runs to 4-cyl and then 6-cyl so delivery could be further impacted.....

all of which is why you may want to insist on a Preference build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts