Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im comin back from the shore today and i start to head towards a regular toll thing where you throw the change in...jersey signs say "exact change" (as where i had 50 cents, not 35) so i go into the other lane (prolly an ez-pass cus when i went through it the little monitor thing said toll not paid, go ahead...this happened to my mom before but she wasnt confused...and then she had to pay 100 bucks for it....im sooooo mad right now at jersey with their beach tags that are incredibley over priced and their stupid road signs like "stay awake, stay alive" (like who the hell is gonna read that if they are sleeping)....so, in conclusion, i might be receiving a 100 dollar bill in the mail soon...im takin those bastards to court if i have to...i have very little money now and jus quit my job on monday....I HATE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Toll roads/bridges are fucking stupid. They are a PITA and cause more traffic! Just slap .125% onto my sales tax and be done with it!!!

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^youve got my vote come November

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
big_p31 said:
^youve got my vote come November
I don't mind paying for stuff (I need or want, or always use), but don't take time out of my day to do it!!!

Freaking $3 at some bridges in the Bay Area is fucking retarded. I bet a .05% sales tax hike would close toll booths.

·
FloridaPino
78 Posts
We have the electronic tolls here in the Orlando, FL area, but for some reason mine has had to be replaced over 4 times in one year b/c it wasn't registering that I paid when I go through the booth even though they showed that I did. I would get the violation warnings with a picture of my plate in the mail and then have to call them to look up that I was paying. I got tired of going through this crap so I just got a Super Protector License Plate cover and I haven't been sent a photo warning since.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
eviltwin67 said:
We have the electronic tolls here in the Orlando, FL area, but for some reason mine has had to be replaced over 4 times in one year b/c it wasn't registering that I paid when I go through the booth even though they showed that I did. I would get the violation warnings with a picture of my plate in the mail and then have to call them to look up that I was paying. I got tired of going through this crap so I just got a Super Protector License Plate cover and I haven't been sent a photo warning since.
Do those things really work?

·
FloridaPino
78 Posts
Mine has. You can read the numbers if you are directly behind the car, but as you move to either side, it "blurs" them. I've been in front of a lot of cop cars and even pulled over for speeding one time and none of the cops said anything about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts