Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Pickup 2wd
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Im Jorge and I am a new member in the forum.

Well, I bought these Fabtech UCAs, stock beefed-up LCAs, Sway-a-way torsion bars at a good price.

I'd like to know how much lift I can get while having an okay ride. Extra feedback would be cool too.
If anyone has pics of this set up it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
you could probably get about 4-5'' of lift before the ride starts to get too harsh but its all going to come down to personal preference. you will also want to change out your shocks if you havent done that yet.

·
Registered
'93 Pickup 2wd
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh okay.
thanks
its nice that someone chimed in since many people don't lift 2WDs.
well rite now i have these fabtech shocks that came when i bought the truck but idk if that is going to be enough.

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
what are your plans for the truck? are you actually going to use it in the dirt or is this something you just want to lift and drive it on the street?
you might also want to look into some lower profile bump stops for the upper control arms because with that much lift you will probably be ridding on the stock ones.

·
Registered
'93 Pickup 2wd
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this truck i plan to lift it and drive it on the street since it's my daily driver, but some roads are pretty rough around here especially in my weekly visits south of the border.

This truck will also see occasional trips to the desert such as dirt/sand roads to spot a Baja race, Mexican beaches, and some trips to the dunes.

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
well doing all this you will be able to fit a 29-30'' tall tire. once you get to a 30, you are going to want to start looking at changing your gear ratio too. this i what my truck looked like with 235/75-15 (29'') tires with about 4'' of lift in front and 1.5 in the back and a 2'' body lift. it didnt rub at all and i still had decent power to pass people if needed.

·
Yakerat
1991 2wd 22re xcab
116 Posts
Whatever you do don't put BJ Spacers on with those UCAs, will never align right! Stiff ride but does well on and off road. Takes large dips and ruts well however this lift will limit your suspensions down travel to only a couple inches so beware. Other than that, very solid lift for DD street with some mild offroad use.

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
Neither Yakerat's nor my truck (damn thats an old pic) have body lifts in those pictures.

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
at full compression and maybe while turning, 31s will probably rub on the inner fenders or wheel wells without a lift spindle or a body lift.
My truck does not have a body lift anymore but it did have a 2'' a few year ago to fit 30x9.50s but it did not have any rub.
My truck has had at least 2 different front suspension setups since that pic was taken and now has a total chaos kit that comes with lift spindles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.