Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Long story short, Last week someone stole my keys/ alarm fab was with them. I only had one.

I had 4 new keys mad for the car so I will never have to worry about going through the cluster fu*k of a weekend I just had. Anyways, the problem wasnt getting the keys it was getting passed the alarm. I was able to pull the fuse which kept sounding the alarm and killed the ignition but when I would close the doors the horn would keep sounding...even as I would drive...I cut another wire which stopped that. Now my question is is there a factory wiring diagram that is used for the OEM alarm systems? I want to completely delete the alarm and the module that the harness runs through. Not having time i wasnt able to go through the whole car and diagnose every wire.

I know without the module if you dont rewire everything the car wont start. Until I get a new alarm I would like to know what wires do what...I really dont have the time to play with them right now...

TIA for any info... If it matters... 96 5s Coupe 5spd...:thumbsup:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts

This is for a remote starter setup... but a starter disable works the same way. See how the black/white wire is cut? That's really the only major thing that will need to be fixed. The trick is figuring out where in the harness it was tapped. :(

Have you tried disconnecting the alarm ECU? What happens?

edit: RS3000 Thread I keep bookmarked: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341028&highlight=rs3000

Reactions: jtex2717

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I disconnected the alarm module and it doesnt allow the car to start because the circuit board inside completes the start circuit...I guess I will have to play around with it more...thanks lynch...always can count on ya :thumbsup:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
You're welcome. Also... the harness with those wires is located where the steering column meets the dash board. easy to see if you remove the LOWER dash. The12volt.com might also help you track some stuff down.

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea...i currently only have one side of the lower cover bolted on because i just got tired and stuffed the whole anti theft wiring under there...:facepalm:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
I'd yell at you for that being bad.... but that would make me SUCH a hypocrite for the first install in my camry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts