Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have researched all the usual hitch suppliers and checked the forum, seems like everyone is making a class 2 hitch with a 1-1/4 inch receiver and I need a 2 inch receiver.

I have since seen 2 Previa's with a 2inch receiver and upon closer inspection it appears to be direct from Toyota???? Bonus!

Anyone know of this Toyota factory hitch for the Previa? Anyone got one for sale? Got a part number? Would I be able to order it from the dealer?

Thanks, Digs

·
Registered
1991 Previa 5 speed,
613 Posts
yes, it is a factory hitch. I just pulled one out of a 91 that was at the salvage yard. I have to say thay that this thing is heavier and more beefy than anything installed on a ford f250 truck. I bet it weighs 70lbs .It also serves as the mounting for the inner bumper supprt. the one I pulled is very rusty where it goes INTO the frame about 6 inches on each side. I will try and post picks of it for reference when I get a chance. I have only seen 3 previas that have the 2 inch hitch and one of them was the one I got. it still has the factory stickers with the part number. I will post that as well....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am looking at the same thing too. The 1-1/4" hitches I have seen are rated for 300/3500 (lbs, tongue/tow). If you don't exceed these ratings, you can simply add a Hitch Adapter. Unfortunately I will exceed the tongue weight rating and need something else.

·
Registered
155 Posts
All aftermarket hitches are 1 1/4". The factory hitches are 2". I have one. They were installed after the van got stateside somewhere in California. So it will be someone there that will know where to find one. This hitch is a monster. All the aftermarket hitches I have seen hang down quite a bit and look...well like an afterthought. Not to mention the fact that they are all 1 1/4". The factory hitch is incorporated as part of the bumper and is mounted up near the uni-body. I have 250K miles and for 10 years pulled a 1968 two axle 19 foot Sea Ray I/O. This was a 4500 lb. package pushing 500 lbs. tongue weight. Somewhere around 220K miles I developed a slip and a shutter in the transmission. I had the Wynn's Transmission service performed locally and I would highly recommend it. This is a transmission flush that effectively replaces 100% of the old fluid in real time. It will do wonders for your tranny. Cost is $125. If your fluid is brown get it out. Trust me. And a Toyota tech told me to refill with Dexron V saying that it is superior to Dexron II. The tow rating for the Previa is 3500 lb's but every weekend I towed my boat it was with a van full of people and coolers. Make sure when you tow it is with the overdrive off.

·
Registered
‘96 Previa/‘97 4Runner
146 Posts
I have a 2" receiver on my Previa. If I could easily take the thing off and put it up for sale, I would. I think it'd be cost prohibitive though. And yes, it's a factory Toyota one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts