Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Trying to figure out what could be causing my ECU trouble, and caused me to fail emission inspection last week. The MAINT REQUIRED light is on, but there are no codes to be read. But - a lot of the readiness monitors are showing incomplete (Catalyst, evaporative, O2 sensor, O2 sensor heat, EGR) and some are showing unsupported (reserved, heated catalyst, secondary air, ac system).

The only thing I think can be causing this is the URD MAF calibration module I installed last year. It would take some work, but I can cut a few wires and bypass this. But first I am checking if a bad ECU could cause this. Anyone?

·
Registered
2011 Camry XLE
1,461 Posts
All,

Trying to figure out what could be causing my ECU trouble, and caused me to fail emission inspection last week. The MAINT REQUIRED light is on, but there are no codes to be read. But - a lot of the readiness monitors are showing incomplete (Catalyst, evaporative, O2 sensor, O2 sensor heat, EGR) and some are showing unsupported (reserved, heated catalyst, secondary air, ac system).

The only thing I think can be causing this is the URD MAF calibration module I installed last year. It would take some work, but I can cut a few wires and bypass this. But first I am checking if a bad ECU could cause this. Anyone?
Maint Required light is set to remind people that the oil needs changing at 5,000 miles and does not set any codes. It my not have been reset at the last oil change.

To reset;
1) Turn ignition switch to the on position. (no need to start the engine)
2) Push the trip button till the "Trip A" shows.
3) Turn off the ignition switch.
4) Push in the trip button and hold while turning the ignition switch to the on position. (no need to start the engine)
5) Release the button when it shows ----.
6) Turn off the ignition switch. (done)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that did get rid of the MAINT REQUIRED light.
But, the reason I failed emissions is because of those codes that showed as Unsupported and Incomplete. Has anyone run across this before, and how to fix it?

·
Registered
2011 Camry XLE
1,461 Posts
Thanks, that did get rid of the MAINT REQUIRED light.
But, the reason I failed emissions is because of those codes that showed as Unsupported and Incomplete. Has anyone run across this before, and how to fix it?
The return to stock option, might be the best route to take.
An incomplete code means that a process is missing a mileage/time/event perimeter.
Any modification to the metering at the source or monitoring sensors of any the air/fuel mixture controls, could stall the required calibration process to obtain the "normal" settings.

The factory emissions limits are considered tight to pass the EPA requirements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts