Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a check engine light for ignition coil #5 going bad. The light was on one day and gone the next day. The code still there even when check engine is off using OBD reader. I had a mechanic friend stated don't change it out until engine started shaking. Then change all the 3 in the back(coil and spark plugs). Since it is a pain.

Is this sound advice?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah getting to those back coils and plugs is a major pain. But if ya gotta do it, might as well go for the gusto. I think to access the firewall side you have to remove the wipers and drain plate on the base of the windshield and the intake. It's not impossible, just a pain I've been avoiding until I know there's an issue...!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I recently got a check engine light for ignition coil #5 going bad. The light was on one day and gone the next day. The code still there even when check engine is off using OBD reader. I had a mechanic friend stated don't change it out until engine started shaking. Then change all the 3 in the back(coil and spark plugs). Since it is a pain.

Is this sound advice?
[/QUOTEco
coil#5 is in front. change it
1 3 6
2 4 5
please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts