Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phi mentioned to me that there are fake Bride seats flowing around in Ebay...

Everyone should becareful if the price sounds too good to be true.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
here's the auction I was talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=7908447567&rd=1

It's so hard to tell what's authentic nowadays. Heck, I've never seen a real Bride seat in my entire life and wouldn't even know what to look for.

Checkout this auction;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=7908451546&rd=1

I'm not saying it's fake but it sure is suspicious. An international seller with a crap load of JDM Recaro seats wrapped in plastic, no boxes and $400 shipping cost?! It's either fake or stolen.

I've been around manufaturing before and embroidery, tags and other things needed to make stuff look authentic isn't hard to fake. I guess buyer beware and like Ekam said, if it sounds too good to be true...

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
theres a set for sale in buy and sell...price sounds too good...i got qouted 1400 CAD for a single Bride seat...

·
On The Street
268 Posts
they are "backdoor specials" from the factory in Malaysia...
if they are backdoor specials im assuming they are real but they are stolen.

but put it this way maybe the factory workers took them out through the back doors of the factory and loaded them on to a trunk and now they are for sale on the market:)

·
Registered
Scion TC
202 Posts
if they sell them for 400 bux a set, i wouldnt mind buying fakes or stolen..
but theyre selling them as if its an authentic brand.. $800 for backdoor item? can you say ripoff?

·
Banned
352 Posts
well they go for almost 800 a seat maybe more so if u get the set for 800 and there real i see it as a bargain fuck it if there stolen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts