Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan speed lever has a lot of play in it and only provides two fan speeds, sometimes three speeds when I pull on the lever when I am sliding it. Is this repairable? If not, does the entire heater control need to be replaced? If this is a common problem I wouldn't want to buy a salvage replacement; if it is a common problem, is the stealer the only place to get a replacement?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Heavy blower resistor (Toy EPC calls it a cooler/coil resistor,fan coil resistor) for fan # 88635-89103 (85-86 4-Runner,4 speed fan) & 87138-89105 (89 pickup):

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Blower.shtml

Sidney® ™
Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home
E-mail:[email protected]
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing chrome bumper with 247 000 KM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sidney said:
Thanks to a previous post of yours, I read this link before starting the thread. Somehow I couldn't see a correlation between the looseness of the fan lever (and only two clicks when moving the lever from the left and the right - from off to highest speed) and a resistor.

I have complete confidence in your expertise and diagnosis, thank you!

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
Switch assemblies have been known to fail. You can watch for them on ebay. But it's pretty easy to pull the resistor pack and check it before buying anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts