Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why?

I'm thinking it's a broken wire/connection so...
Is there an easy way to get the climate control unit out or do I need to take apart the dash. :(
Is it hard to take the unit apart and repair, being a newb at electric stuff. If it's easily identifiable, I can solder it...

Thanks

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
You most likely have a bad "blower moter resistor." It is located under the passenger side dash. Locate the blower motor and follow the wiring back until you see something held in by 1 or 2 screws. Remove the electrical connector and the 1 or 2 screws and take it to your Toyota dealer's parts department for a replacement. It is a dealer only part.

Mike

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Thanks for the great reply.

Looks like it's not going to be as complicated as I envisioned...

Just for reference, do you know how much the part costs?

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
It depends on whether you have a manual or automatic climate control system, but I think the part will be around $50-$60, but I'm not certain of that. You can just give your local Toyota dealer's parts department a call.

Mike

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manual climate control system.

A 50-60 dollar part?? Arg, that really sucks...

Are you pretty sure that's what wrong? Fan speeds 3 and 4 work fine.

·
Quasi-Evil Monkey
957 Posts
Looking online, you can order the part at AutoZone.

Just in case you need it, the OEM number is 87138-33010 or 87138-33020 and like Mike said they are between 50-60 dollars.

Depending on how the blower motor is wired to the resistor, you can still have a couple of speeds. Many blower motors are 1-speed and the resistor is what gives you the different speeds.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Completely not working, or barley working?
The one I am driving right now the first two speeds do something close to nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts