Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

New user to the forum.

2004 Corolla S with 74k. Just purchased from original owner who produced all dealer service records. No sign of IAC replacement or service/replacement of IAC. Car is very, clean and appears well cared for.

The idle is about 2k and a bit higher when cold but settles out when warmed up. I'm concerned that this high of an idle is not good to an engine that's been sitting overnight with much of the oil drained back to the pan, and then starting at what I think may be higher than normal revs.

Question:

Is this remedied with correcting any sticking components (if there are any that apply) and some cleaning.

Thanks in advance

Al

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
Hey,
I mover your thread from the intro section to the Corolla section where you will have a better chance of getting an answer from some cool, knowledgeable guys who know the Corolla.
Good luck and welcome to the forum:welcome:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Greetings,

New user to the forum.

2004 Corolla S with 74k. Just purchased from original owner who produced all dealer service records. No sign of IAC replacement or service/replacement of IAC. Car is very, clean and appears well cared for.

The idle is about 2k and a bit higher when cold but settles out when warmed up. I'm concerned that this high of an idle is not good to an engine that's been sitting overnight with much of the oil drained back to the pan, and then starting at what I think may be higher than normal revs.

Question:

Is this remedied with correcting any sticking components (if there are any that apply) and some cleaning.

Thanks in advance

Al
2K when cold is normal for toyotas.

·
Registered
Matrix XR 2003
188 Posts
Greetings,

New user to the forum.

Question:

Thanks in advance

Al
Normal.

:welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts