Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an automatic 05 corolla s. i was wondering if there were any economical upgrades that added more horsepower, besides intake and exhaust. by economical i mean: turbo upgrade=$3000. supercharger=$2000. both of these would be great, however, they are a bit out of my range.
thanks

·
459 Posts
05b-rollas said:
i have an automatic 05 corolla s. i was wondering if there were any economical upgrades that added more horsepower, besides intake and exhaust. by economical i mean: turbo upgrade=$3000. supercharger=$2000. both of these would be great, however, they are a bit out of my range.
thanks
I don't believe so ...... sounds as though having throttle-by-wire on the non-XRS Corollas has really killed a lot of modding opportunities for the '05s and '06's ....of course, I could be wrong.....too many damn engine electronics anymore, I just leave my engines bonestock anymore. Am hoping to save up the $$$ my brother wants to sell his '66 Porsche 911 for, before he sells to someone else....it's a classic (second year model, first year imported to US.......repainted with the original color factory paint:smokin: )
Ahhhh, dreams........:D

·
I don't hate C3H8
763 Posts
When it comes to 'cheap mods' with newer cars about all you can do is make the car lighter and with an '05 it not worth ruining the resell to do it.

·
'96 Rolla DX
1996 Corolla DX
531 Posts
Economical means good bang for the buck. Almost everything that gives substantial horsepower costs a fortune. I guess it all depends on your budget to decide if its economical or not.

·
Whine connoisseur
2004 Corolla S
473 Posts
phantom s was right, drive-by-wire really limits what you can get out of the 05+. If you can drop 2-3K on a s/c or turbo, your best bet is to trade your car in for an 04 and throw a s/c in there

·
Registered
36 Posts
go bottle. I had zex n20 kit on my firebird and loved it. Easy 75 hp. They have systems that will work with an auto also. Mine had a wide open throttle switch, to activate it. Very easy to set-up. I still have it if you want to buy it. Only 3 bottles ran through it. Comes with a purge kit and everything.

·
'96 Rolla DX
1996 Corolla DX
531 Posts
I cant speak for 05b-corollas but I'd want power gain on demand so I can pass people on the highway, not for showing my friends how to nuke my engine. But thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
n20 doesn't nuke an engine. Open one up, that's had it it. They're actually very clean. Assuming everything is set-up properly, the hp shot is reasonable, and the car isn't on it for longer than 15 or so seconds at any one time, it doesn't destroy a motor. Hard driving, and any serious power adders put wear on an engine, n20 is no different.
n20 gets a bad name because idiots get greedy. It's easy to just up the shot for more hp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts