Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not necessarily that you've had the pleasure of driving but at least having the pleasure to ride shotgun in.

Fastest car I've been in was a 400+ horsepower Corvette ZR-1. That thing pulled hard and effortlessly.

I still want to take a ride in my neighbors built up 68' Camaro with a bored over 396 and that 150 shot of NOS. He claims to run in the 10's.:)

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
My friends 11 sec. 3000gt.

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
My friends Nissan 350z with the twin turbo kit from Greddy.. he also has a 50shot with it, in which, of course he used when i was riding in it. :boink:

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
quite a few 11 sec wrxs/sti's.....11 sec MKIV supra....11 sec turbo'd 3rd gen prelude....all these cars belong to my friends and are part of Ultimate Racing.....

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Viper SRT-10.

(Put it in my list of cars to own after the ride.)

·
Registered
97 Posts
MY friend's '86 Buick Grand National, a turbo 3.8 with (at the time) 18 pounds of boost, which equals a long rolling burnout from 50 mph

·
Registered
194 Posts
my friends upgraded 1992 dodge stealth twin turbo at 165mph...and right now im just waiting for him to get done with his project 1987 mazda rx7 Turbo 2 which is also upgraded...

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Grand dad's BGN use to run 11's on street tires, but then he sold it when the tranny blew. BGN/Turbo Regals are kings of cheap 8s 1/4 miles.

Faster car was a girlfriend's dad's '69 vette wtih a 424 dropped in it. I drove it at 165mph and thought it was too fast for the car.

Fastest truck is my best friend's new uncle built to tow his championship circle track car. The truck will run 8s in the 1/4 mile with the tires spinning the entire run. (No grip) It's got a 500ci motor he built for an SCCA race car he won with, but they kicked the car out b/c they kept saying it was too heavy for it's class...

I took a ride at 140mph along some back roads and it was scary shit.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
my friend's turbo'ed RSX-S. running 9 psi, putting a weak 263 hp to the ground, something's wrong, and he doesn't have the money to get it fixed :lol:

that's why u don't go with greddy.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
car i would say 97 gst eclipse my brother in law owned when i was in high school. at the time i wasn't very knowledgable in cars as i am now but he was boosting 32psi and spinning the tires from first to third besides that i don't know what he did and all i know is he was sponsered by the same jamacan(sp?) guys that sponsered his rhd 86 sr5 that i also rode in with my uncle to get cranberry juice for the baby:rolleyes: he wanted to show off how well it accelerated i had all the seat belts holing me down

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
mrq: i only say what i see the needle went to 30 so that's what i say i have no need to bs. it's not my car and i haven't seen him in years (my sister divorced). if you don't believe me than fine cause when i finally learned what boosting does i couldn't believe it my self but that is exactly what i saw. he just started working on it and finally put the motor in no body kit no tints no radio no ac no heater no rear seats no carpet it looked like racehex's interior.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
My car :whatwhat:

In terms of potentially fast cars..MrQ's Duece and Tony's turbo'd Camry. I say potentially because at the time, neither of their cars were running properly :(

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
my friend reese has an '88 10th anniversary rx7 with more mods done to it that i can list. he took me for a ride in it and it blew me away.

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
nothing major compared to what everyone else said but, a 1985 Mustang GT 5-speed (not sure what he had done to it)..doing 60-70 on side streets at night is a fuckin trip.

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I heard that the demise of the Grand National was totally political. They were outrunning the Vette's and GM couldn't stand for that. So instead of building the Vette's faster, they just terminated the GN's. Typical GM.:lol:

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
BMW E36 325i, MKIV Jetta 1.8T, my Car... :disappoin they're all about the same.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts