Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which RX-7 people liked best. Most people around my town would say the 3rd gen (probably cause of the F&F movie) but I like the 2nd gen best. Here's a site with a basic explanation of each. Click here
What do you think?

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
2nd gen - that's what I'm getting after the Camry 2 Door

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'd say FD........although the FC is a close second.

·
nice guy
191 Posts
2nd gen. is my favorite

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
1st gen cause they make you feel the speed your going and they are less refined. headers 2 1/4 pipes 48 dcoe side draft, race worked engine and drive it when it starts getting loose (the engine is at the point where it doesn't have long to go) and the thing is wicked.

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
i'd say the last one. i didn't know that they only offered turbos on that generation of rx-7's. i don't know a whole lot about them though. nice site, too.

·
Rotor > Piston
91 Camry, 90 RX7
411 Posts
FD would be great if it was even remotely reliable. Turbo II's are really nice though. Probably my next car actually. My friend just picked up a pair of GTU's but I havent been able to see them yet since he lives on the other side of teh country :(

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
i have always been an fb guy. i have an fc but parts are frickin expensive so it is for sale. rx3's are cool as hell but they are hard to find.

·
Registered
445 Posts
funny how that website said NOTHING about the reliability issues of the car.....

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
true, these are high maintanance cars, especially the FD, the twin turbo engine starts giving trouble EARLY, around 30,000. But the FC will give you around a good 115,000 before going, not too bad.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I say FC, simply because of the HORRIBLE reliability of the FD. I like the looks of the FD more.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts