Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a boost gauge and a boost controller and i can change my boost up to 1 bar no problem, the previous owner never mentioned a FCD and im at an elevation of about 5000 ft if that matters to much. what are the signs of a FCD.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
What year is your car? If it is a 93+ I think your fuel cut may be a little bit higher. If there is an aftermarket fcd you will need to check the electrical connections at the pressure sensor and see if anything is spliced in... also check at the ecu.

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
^ Thats wierd. Three possibilites.

1. Your boost gauge is messed up.
2. He switched over to a '93 Pressure Sensor (not likey)
3. There is an FCD in there.

I'd check the boost gauge first... if you have a bike pump or any way of applying a selected amount of pressure... you could hook that to a vacumm like to your boost gauge... and see if the pressures match.

·
Registered
131 Posts
He probably just unpluged/disabled it and hooked the boost gauge into that. Try upping the boost to say.... 15 psi (not sure the conversion in bar) and see if it cuts...

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
^ 1bar is pretty damn close to 15psi. I think it's like 14.5. I agree with Lachean... see if there is a vacumm hose coming out of the pressure sensor. It's a little black box in the right rear of your engine bay... says pressure sensor on it. Should have some electronics coming in the side... and a vacumm line coming out of the bottom. If there is no line.... you have NO fuel cut. Doesn't mean there is an FCD... just no fuel cut.

·
Registered
1991 MR2 turbo
69 Posts
Actually when at a higher elevation, boost cut does not happen as soon. I regularly hit 14.5-15 psi with no fcd. But i got tired of fuel cut so I made an fcd. See www.mrcontrols.com for more info.

I also have a '91 turbo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all vacumm lines are disconected from teh pressure senor. if this means i have no fuel cut then would it be a good idea to get a FCD

·
Registered
43 Posts
how much could you possibly be boosting? I believe running 15 psi is pretty safe for a while then it will blow up eventually soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts