Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1994 4WD P/U 22RE with 102K has just blown it's second head gasket (only 17K on the new one).

Bought the truck new and I've taken meticulous care of it - all logged in a book.

I plan on putting in a bottle of stop-leak and dumping it at the dealership as a trade-in.

Has anyone had any similiar experiences?
Will my plan work?
Will the dealership find out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has your truck ever experienced any over heating porblems in the past? Be very honest... When was the last time you change your coolant?

If the deck of the bock is worp, meaning that it is not perfectly straight, then it will always leak, no matter how many gaskets you change or silicones you add to it.

Trading it in is a good idea.

Before you do so... use brake cleaner to clean the area, then wash it down, then use some gasket make (a type of silicone use to substitude for a paper or rubber gasket), apply this stuff evenlly around the area that it is leaking and smooth it down. This is a temporary fix, so you can trade it in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
warpage would definately be the problem, if ya dont trade it definately tear it back down and have the deck of the block checked and the head most likely. Did you ever use the de-torquing sequence in teardown, because if you didnt theres your culprit, warped head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts