Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Corolla S
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any feedback on this report? Something to stay away from? Its for a 02 Solara. 2 owner vehicle. The last record of this report has the current mileage at 113k. I dont really know what to make of it. Its priced fairly, but havent gone to look at it in person yet. I know what "exceeds mechanical limits" means but not sure why it would apply to this car, or if I will come across problems when trying to get the title to my name.

EDIT: just realized I may have posted in the wrong section. My apologies.

02/25/2002 NICB Vehicle manufactured
and shipped to original dealer

07/11/2002 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Tuba City, AZ Registered as
personal vehicle

04/23/2003 58 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Tuba City, AZ
Title #xxxxxxxxxx Title or registration issued
First owner reported

10/23/2003 69,122 United Car Care, Inc.
www.unitedcarcare.com
ww.unitedcarcare.co
m
800-571-2016
Service contract claim
Vehicle
serviced

12/31/2008 Findlay Toyota
Flagstaff, AZ
928-779-2445
www.findlaytoyotaflagstaff.net
ww.findlaytoyotafla
gstaff.net
Vehicle serviced

07/15/2009 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Tuba City, AZ
Title #xxxxxxxxxxxx Title or registration issued

08/03/2009 342,693 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Desert Southwest Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle

11/10/2009 99,133 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title #xxxxxxxxxxxxx Title or registration issued
New owner reported
An Exceeds Mechanical Limits
title was issued to this vehicle
in error
INCONSISTENT ODOMETER READING

·
11,501 Posts
I would do more investigation, if you're interested in it. It did state the Exceeds Mechanical Limit was issued in error, so could be just, an error, and the car is in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
2000 Solara
252 Posts
mileage mistakes are pretty common - but that's a big one

high mileage is real hard to hide - the seat cushion will sag, the brake pedal will show more signs of wear, they'll be so many little clues like that, that once you see it in person, you'll know..

·
Registered
2013 Corolla S
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Think I'm going to pass on this one. I only buy cars with perfect history, and thats why I have no problem when it comes time to selling them. I hate not having a car, but I know a little more time of saving money will get me what I want. Doesnt help that I'm extremely impatient :facepalm:

·
Registered
455 Posts
They probably screwed the mileage up when it went to auction. And when the new title was issued the correct mileage was listed. Or someone could of swapped a gauge cluster in it. I would go look at it and see if the looks like it has that many miles on it condition wise.

You should see the carfax on my lexus, It should have a salvage title but it has a clear one.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think that my Camry should be a salvage title vehicle, It's a good thing that I do my own work on it. Lets see I'm rebuilding it's motor, so if you'll count that it will be motor #3, and swapping it to a manual trans, almost none of the suspension is oem, that I don't like to mention that the ecu had to be relocated to run four 0awg power cables under the passenger seat, tends to make passengers a bit weary. :D

sooo, that should be enough to convince you to go look at the car first.

·
Registered
2013 Corolla S
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the mileage going from 58 to 69,000 miles in 6 months. That seems impossible. lol

I tend to not keep cars for a very long time, so thats why I'm picky when it comes to the Carfax. I may go look at it this weekend if its still available. If it didnt have this mileage issue I would have bought it today. Has the color and options I'm looking for.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Dude nothing about either of my cars is legit on paper. But they function a hell of a lot better than what the paper says it should haha. And since I've done all the work myself, I know it's legit.

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
2,173 Posts
I wouldn't trust Car-Fax as far as I could throw the balled up report. My car has only had 2 owners, myself and my dad and no accidents yet Car-Fux says its a 3 owner car and been in several minor accidents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts