Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale: Konig Countersteer Offroad 16" Wheels and Tires - Matte Black

I'm looking to swap my wheels for the Pro Comp 7089 series 17" wheels, but need to recoup some of the costs of buying the 16x8 Konigs before I do. I bought these in July last year and they are still in excellent, but used, condition. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for some), I would also need to sell the tires with it. They are Dayton Timberline A/T 265/70/16. They're 40,000 mile tires and I've had them on for approximately < 12,000 miles so there's still a lot of life left on them. Great looking combo in my opinion, but I guess I'm just lookin' for a change. I would let the set go for $700, the price of the wheels alone. Pick up in my hometown of Branson, MO or face ungodly shipping costs ($160-$220), I don't mind either way but don't ask me about quotes to your zip code because I'm not removing, boxing and weighing these right now.

I'd need to sell these for certain before I could purchase another set. I bought them from JLB Motorsports, but they're rarely in stock for the Tacomas. Check them out here: http://www.jlbmotorsports.com/rims/konig-list.html

·
Registered
98 Tacoma
8 Posts
feeler response

I would be willing to work with you on the shipping, your initial guesstimate is probably not too far off. Let me know offset, I need someting for my 98 4Runner, and I don't want the wheels to stick past the fenders.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I would be willing to work with you on the shipping, your initial guesstimate is probably not too far off. Let me know offset, I need someting for my 98 4Runner, and I don't want the wheels to stick past the fenders.
Sure thing, the specs of the wheel are:
- 16x8"
- 6x139.7 bolt pattern (6x5.5")
- 0mm offset (4.5" backspacing)
- Clears Tundra / Tacoma brakes
- JWL / VIA / TUV approved (very strong wheels)
- Weighs only 18lbs
- Matte Black
- No lug nuts included

Here's a link to a 4Runner I found on another forum running the Bronze color: http://www.yotatech.com/f2/new-wheels-konig-countersteer-offroad-whatcha-think-125388/

I swear it's been raining here in my area since I posted this, but I may just go take some pics and post 'em anyways if nobody really minds. These have been on the road 95% of the time and light dirt trails the other 5%.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics of the wheels today

Alright, just got back from taking pics of what they look like today (um, not really much different but it'll hopefully put some minds at ease).

Here are some side shots of the truck, sorry about the darkness, it's been raining out:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tread Depth

Here are some more close-up shots to show tread depth, I'm no expert at measuring tires, so I used the upside down penny trick. Like I said though, I've put approximately 12,000 miles on the 40,000 mile tires:

Left Rear:

Left Front:

Right Front:

Right Rear:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a PM asking about how far they go past the flares. The answer is, they don't. This depends on the tire size, and what I have on there keeps the truck nice and clean (265/70/16). I've seen in other threads 265/75 and 285's, and depending on brands, you may see 1/4"-3/4".

Rear:

Front:

Another Pic:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great lookin' setup and a free bump if you haven't already sold 'em. I need wheels and tires but you are just a bit out of range. Always happens that way!!

·
Registered
1997 SR5 4Runner 4x4
2 Posts
Do you still have these?

Would you be interested in seperating the wheels/tires, I already have a set of 285's and really want these wheels....

Let me know, I could set up shipping thru my FedEx Acct.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great lookin' setup and a free bump if you haven't already sold 'em. I need wheels and tires but you are just a bit out of range. Always happens that way!!
Thanks man, you being from Tennessee should consider taking a vacation to Branson. The resort I market for owns property there in Pigeon Forge. Thanks for the bump!

Would you be interested in seperating the wheels/tires, I already have a set of 285's and really want these wheels....

Let me know, I could set up shipping thru my FedEx Acct.

Thanks,
Robert
Still have 'em. I guess I could do that but then I wouldn't know what to do with the tires. Guess I could throw 'em on Craigslist. So here's the new deal for anyone that's interested.

I noticed on the right front wheel a minor scratch on the inside where the centercap would go, nothing that can't be touched up. I imagine the guys that mounted my tires are the ones that caused it, maybe when they put it on the machine, but you should be able to see it in the last pic I posted, otherwise, I don't see any other blems. I say this because what you see is what you get. The benefit of a local pick up is that your not obligated to buy if your not satisfied after you've seen them. So the wheels are sold as is.

With that said, the price hasn't changed. I will however, sell the wheels separate for $500 + shipping. I can't go lower considering I'd actually have to pay someone to do this.

These wheels are rare and you'd be lucky to find 'em being sold online except from an individual. Plus, I'm throwing in the matching lug nuts which tacks on to the original price of these. If these don't sell this month, I may just throw some 285's on em and call it good!

Note: If/when someone decides they want these I'll need some time to order the new set, uninstall this set, pack and ship. Just FYI. Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts