Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Gas Engineering Coil spring

·
Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
18,382 Posts

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
That's it. Could be better but unless it is leaking then it is no issue.
its not leaking yet :cool: that i can hear anyways, but cars been DFM for quite a spell now
...have had many other leaks through the past 10 to 15 years

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,175 Posts
OP sure got everyone beating their keyboards to death and hasn't been back in 9 days.
Pretty sure she got things figured out on her own! :cool:
FWIW, OP has been on the forum, just not back to this thread!

·
Banned
18,382 Posts
OP sure got everyone beating their keyboards to death and hasn't been back in 9 days.
She makes separate threads. She never told us what coolant she bought in the coolant thread and in the other coolant thread her coolant was refused. We don't even know what parts she seems to have bought.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Its a learning process!
If that flexpipe pic ii posted is supposed to be flexible I touched mine and it felt all brittle, probably will break as soon as it's finally back up and running 👽

·
Banned
18,382 Posts
Its a learning process!
If that flexpipe pic ii posted is supposed to be flexible I touched mine and it felt all brittle, probably will break as soon as it's finally back up and running 👽
It's flexible.

·
Registered
2011 Camry LE 2.5
417 Posts
I had a custom muffler shop replace the flex pipe section on my '95 Avalon. FAR cheaper than replacing the entire pipe section with OEM Toyota parts.
Had the same scenario with my Camry. Saved about $500.00 compared to other options, such as described in an earlier posting.

·
Registered
2004 Solara SLE Convertible, 3.3 V6
1,304 Posts
If that flexpipe pic ii posted is supposed to be flexible
It's not, if by flexible you're thinking, "like a rubber hose."

Flexible for this sort of thing is not at all like flexible for non-metallic things. In fact, flexible for this is a lot less flexible than your average empty beer/soda can or food can. It's just meant to be able to flex ever-so-slightly in under heavy stress.

If you want to see how inflexible these are when under normal "I can provide them with my hands" forces, try playing with one in an auto parts store.

They would be far better described as semi-rigid, being very close, but not quite, truly rigid. Essentially, they're supposed to be able to take forces that would make solid exhaust tubing crack (or the hangers pull off somewhere) if that tiny bit of give were not present that they provide.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
It's not, if by flexible you're thinking, "like a rubber hose."

Flexible for this sort of thing is not at all like flexible for non-metallic things. In fact, flexible for this is a lot less flexible than your average empty beer/soda can or food can. It's just meant to be able to flex ever-so-slightly in under heavy stress.

If you want to see how inflexible these are when under normal "I can provide them with my hands" forces, try playing with one in an auto parts store.

They would be far better described as semi-rigid, being very close, but not quite, truly rigid. Essentially, they're supposed to be able to take forces that would make solid exhaust tubing crack (or the hangers pull off somewhere) if that tiny bit of give were not present that they provide.
Thank you for the education!

Operating Temperature I suppose would make it flex some

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
In college I would always call for my female friends or any female in the dorms if I was not doing the work. I started this as a freshman in college when a girl was quoted $499 for a cat back exhaust replacement. I called about 2 weeks latter for her and was quoted $99 for the same car.

As an ASE Master Technician and BMW and Alpha Certified Technician as a freshman in college I made a decent living working on peoples car's both professors and students. As long as I was neat and tidy the maintenance guys and security never gave me any grief. If I had time I helped them as well. I even had security help me with drunk students and other situations that normally would have gotten me or them in trouble. Never asked for the help but if you help other's they tend to help you back. In fact by the time I was near graduation the university decided to set up an automotive program both trade school for mechanics and design side for industry!

Sometimes the best someone could do was a case of beer or home cooked meals for a week or two or other services. When overhead is not an issue barter is a fantastic thing at times. It turns out finding a honest mechanic is harder than finding a decent attorney or dentist! LOL Back then I was current too where as today I am not! Having lived in Europe for 12 years professors with Rolls Royce, Alpha, BMW, Daimler, Italian and British cars actual sought me out since I live in General Motors country and people accustomed to working on those vehicles that had the knowledge was not available then!

It is a shame that usually men in various trades see a woman and immediately thing $$$$ but as fewer men have the knowledge or skills associated with skilled trades they tend to take advantage of anyone that they can men included today!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts