Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
omg jdm
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a mint fender at the boneyard to replace my driver's one as it's all mangled from the previous owner.

The car I took it off of already had the headlight assemblies and bumper cover removed.

Do I have to remove those to install the fender? If so, how do I get the bumper cover off?

·
Registered
1992 Celica GT
1,290 Posts
Yes sadly you have to remove the bumper cover. Theres one bolt that hides back behind it. To remove the cover remove the faux carbon fiber trim strip on top of the bumper, remove those bolts(leave one or two to keep it from falling later), along the bottom side there will be body clips, remove all of those, then on the bottom corner where it meets the fender remove the 10 mm bolt(IIRC) then the bumper cover is only held on where it clips to the fender. put a flatblade screwdriver between the fender and cover and gently pull, the bumper cover should come loose. (Remove the last two bolts that were left in up top) Then remove all the bolts you can find on the fender, dont forget the liner inside, and the fender should come right off.

I dont think I forgot anything.

Also I saw in your sig that you have a CB360. Nice! Over this winter I am actually planning on trying to find one somewhere around that displacement. Maybe another UJM, depending on what I can find around, for a mild cafe racer style project.

·
omg jdm
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah figured it wasn't fun! I'll wait till I find a new driver's side headlight assembly. My motor literally is missing pieces... no junkyards have them around here :(

My mom actually bought my CB360 new. Just finished mechanically restoring it and enjoyed it for the summer. This winter I'll shine it up like new!

·
Registered
1992 Celica GT
1,290 Posts
Its really not too bad. If you take your time its time consuming(about 2 hours for the whole thing, the first time around) but overall not too bad. There's been a recent shortage of 5th gens in yards around here but on my next trip I'll keep an eye out and PM you if I happen to find a headlight motor.

And thats great! My dad had bought a 78 Suzuki GS750 new, I wish he still had it around. On to craigslist for me! haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.